User Avatar Image

Savegame troubles (merged threads)

posted by saxysousy on - last edited - Viewed by 6.1K users

How do you save the game if you don't want to play it all at once?

BTW, I LOOOVE it so far. Thank you Telltale for making this game!

168 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • When I press escape on my mac to the menu screen save and load is not an option. Any suggestions?

• I ran into this in Episode 2, at first I assumed I was just at a "can't save right now" point, but then it continued for a while. I had used Episode 1's launcher. When I launched using Episode 2's launcher I had the save/load options (but had to start over from the beginning of Episode 2!)

This is a head-desk-ingly stupid design and whoever came up with it should feel bad.

• How to fix the save game problem for BttF ep03 on a MAC

The story so far:
    I purchased all episodes..installed BttF ep01, finished it and I could save my games.

I then installed ep02, but I had to start it from the ep01 icon, since there were empty, unclickable blue buttons on the launching screen... anyway I could still save my games and I finished it.

Finally I installed ep03, still had to start it from ep01 (like I had to do with ep02) but this time, once in the game, the "save game" option was not available in the ESC menu.

I had to uninstall (delete all episodes and all the config files), then reinstall only ep03, log-in with my username and password again, then I was able to see the "save game" option.

The installation system doesn't seem to play well with multiple episode installed at the same time, and/or something else is off with the DRM system.

Is this a rushed release? maybe a bit more QA is necessary before releasing episodes.
    (didn't have these issues with Sam & Max)

• I had the sam problem.. but I was running the game from episode 1 and using the launcher.
    Then I figured out I should be running the game frome episode 3 and bamm...
    Now I can save my game :)

• I've also got this problem now - midway through episode 2 and cannot save :( Pretty sure I launched ep3 instead of ep2

C'mon Telltale, fix this bug already!

• I had the same issue, downloaded the free episode today, got halfway through it, liked it, so i went a bought the series from the teltale site. Installed the other two games, then i lost my saved game. Had to go through chapter 1 again. By the time i got halfway through chapter 2 i noticed the option was missing there also.

After reading this thread, I used the chapter 2 launcher, and now i have the save option.

Telltale should fix this for the other two releases (and put a patch for the original three)

• I just ended up finishing the episode yesterday whilst the computer was still on. Left it running in the bg when not in use but it was annoying trying to figure out how much longer was left

• @TheManFrom88 said: How to fix the save game problem for BttF ep03 on a MAC

The story so far:
    I purchased all episodes..installed BttF ep01, finished it and I could save my games.

I then installed ep02, but I had to start it from the ep01 icon, since there were empty, unclickable blue buttons on the launching screen... anyway I could still save my games and I finished it.

Finally I installed ep03, still had to start it from ep01 (like I had to do with ep02) but this time, once in the game, the "save game" option was not available in the ESC menu.

I had to uninstall (delete all episodes and all the config files), then reinstall only ep03, log-in with my username and password again, then I was able to see the "save game" option.

The installation system doesn't seem to play well with multiple episode installed at the same time, and/or something else is off with the DRM system.

Is this a rushed release? maybe a bit more QA is necessary before releasing episodes.
    (didn't have these issues with Sam & Max)

I had the same problem with Episode 3 on the Mac! When using the Ep 3 launcher all I got was a blank window with no PLAY button! The Ep 2 launcher worked to select Ep 3 with a fully functional launcher window, however on playing the game the Save Game function was not present when I pressed Esc!!!! I ended up playing the whole episode in a day, leaving the computer on while I visited my mum and finishing the episode last thing at night, much to the wife's dismay! Why are these niggles still showing up 5 months after initial release? I'd have thought it would be like shelling peas on the technical side of this game by now. Poor QA yet again :-( Let's hope Episode 4 has fewer bugs i.e. none.

• The missing save/load option bug is STILL THERE in Episode 4 (at least in the Mac version.)

Sigh...this game just pisses me off so much.

• Anyone has a savegame of te "Get Tannen" episode?
    ... maybe around the point where Einstein is on the roof of the courthouse?

Add Comment