10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, but I just wanna say that this is definitely one of the cooler aspects of the new game, and I hope telltale doesn't hold back on it in future episodes. :)

• Halp! I struggle to come up with a coherent reason for the existence of this issue! The very notion of free-lance police is as hilarious as trying to prove lack of virtue in quasi-governmental officials.

• Look. Let's face it. That's pretty much the entire basis for their humor. Take out stuff like that, and you don't have much of a game.

• Yeah, true, but they're supposed to be funny. Let's face it, while some of the things they do aren't lawful, they are helpful and sometimes rather appropriate (in a comical way). Besides, freelance police aren't real police. They're essentially private detectives, which have a broader range of legal... possibilities... then regular police. Basically Sam & Max are allowed special privledges because of their success with difficult cases. :cool:

• Speakin of hit the road, they did some stuff that seems to be corrupted:

They stole the keys to the bathroom in Snuckey's

They stole the vortex

They enter into someone's property without a warrent

They stole and tamper with stuff in that property

They tamper with something that isn't theirs (the yarn, fish, mammoth, etc..)

Never returned the right piece of property backa t the end of the game

Beat up a criminal

• All these bad stuff they did! Maybe in ep.6 the Commissioner might fire San & Max for being REALLY bad detectives

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax

Maybe it could get worse :eek:

• There's really not much point to this thread. You don't need to scour the games for proof that Sam and Max solve cases in an unconventional (and often criminal) manner. Their every adventure is full of such events. There's no challenge to this. If you want a better challenge, try to make a list that proves Sam & Max are /good/ police, citing examples where they conducted in a manner as would be fitting for a law-abiding law official. You'll find that more difficult.

p.s. You can't fire a freelance employee, because freelancers aren't on your payroll. They're employed on a case by case basis which is what makes them freelance. So the commissioner can't 'fire' them. He can only stop sending them cases.

Of course, the real world has no such thing as freelance police, which is what makes the world of Sam and Max so entertaining. And I suspect its also the reason that the commissioner keeps hiring them. There's no other freelance police he can call :D

• @Blackphyr said: Of course, the real world has no such thing as freelance police, which is what makes the world of Sam and Max so entertaining. And I suspect its also the reason that the commissioner keeps hiring them. There's no other freelance police he can call :D

There's also another reason. In the cartoon Sam at one point remarks that he and Max are the "most highly expendable" people the police have at their disposal. :D

Add Comment