User Avatar Image

Might indivudalism represent levels of superficiality when(........)?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 205 users

Might indivudalism represent levels of superficiality when using positive, negative descriptive words? Might everything be validated because it exists? There's social relevance, intellectual property that may at least partially represent an indivudals indviduality but might it represent a level of superficiality?

Might it? Thoughts?

Examples:


"Metal music is AWESOME!"
"Metal music sucks..."

Are the descpritive words really even relevant?

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Likes and dislikes are the children of pragmatism. Personal benefits and/or damage done by a spesific thing surfaces itself as likes and dislikes. If it makes too big of a difference it permanently builds your life and you don't even think about those aspects because you're too used to them (examples being living in a house, you know, you don't say "i like living in a house" but it's almost apparent that you really like it).

    Likewise, the least important and/or luxury aspects in one's life are the generally thought ideas, because they're in the edge and haven't decided that if they add to one's being or harm the said person. The taste of music borns from there, for example, whichever genre you choose it always adds to one thing and harms another, so choice between people is almost random, hence the variety. So if one aims for a social place they build a like for techno and R&B (or other edgy genres for other social groupings) but this also affects their individualism in a negative way. And if one aims for creativity and inspirations they usually choose classical music or metal music, yet this usually ends up with hatred and irritation towards every other people that doesn't care about creativity or quality.

    It's not as random but it's so detailed (for taste of music the variety source starts from goals, and this might be extended to the REASON of having determined goal and this can also be extended to one's full lifetime of behaviors) you might call it random because human mind isn't capable of thinking that convoluted.

  • @Falanca said: Likes and dislikes are the children of pragmatism. Personal benefits and/or damage done by a spesific thing surfaces itself as likes and dislikes. If it makes too big of a difference it permanently builds your life and you don't even think about those aspects because you're too used to them (examples being living in a house, you know, you don't say "i like living in a house" but it's almost apparent that you really like it).

    Likewise, the least important and/or luxury aspects in one's life are the generally thought ideas, because they're in the edge and haven't decided that if they add to one's being or harm the said person. The taste of music borns from there, for example, whichever genre you choose it always adds to one thing and harms another, so choice between people is almost random, hence the variety. So if one aims for a social place they build a like for techno and R&B (or other edgy genres for other social groupings) but this also affects their individualism in a negative way. And if one aims for creativity and inspirations they usually choose classical music or metal music, yet this usually ends up with hatred and irritation towards every other people that doesn't care about creativity or quality.

    It's not as random but it's so detailed (for taste of music the variety source starts from goals, and this might be extended to the REASON of having determined goal and this can also be extended to one's full lifetime of behaviors) you might call it random because human mind isn't capable of thinking that convoluted.

    I really enjoyed reading your insights.I think you took it even further, and it's given me more to think about. LOL which means I am going to look at your post in several different lights. :) If I can.

    Thanks for the great response, bro.
    Rather Dashing, simple but effective post, thanks for sharing.

  • @doodo! said: I really enjoyed reading your insights.I think you took it even further, and it's given me more to think about. LOL which means I am going to look at your post in several different lights. :) If I can.

    Thanks for the great response, bro.

    The reason of it is that I always try approacing the problem starting from its source, yet this backfires at me in one point since I'm rarely able to come up with actual questions to answer. Unlike me you approach stuff you see around, take a subject or example, ask "Why does THAT exist?" and try to branch it out from there. Your questioning is great but you think your reasoning is not enough. I think this is why you ask such semi-philosophical questions in a forum you know that's full of different people and their opinions. Glad we help each other, though.

    Anytime dawg.

  • Here is a reply from another source that I wanted to share.

    @post said: You have to realize that all value is man-created. Good, bad, right, wrong, better, worse, and even the value of having value (attribute/predicate-based concepts) are all dependent on a man to perceive in order to have value.

    So to say that metal is good or metal is bad are both true facts, equally valid as each other, and neither are of value yet both are of value. All perceptions are of equal grounding as there's no objective standard to apply one's standard to a greater.

  • Yes, well, every form of superficiality is subjective and subjective is imperfect because it's manmade. Shouldn't stop you, though, you're human after all.

  • good/bad/neighter, nor/whether, or to see you're slowly becoming a nihilist/moral-nihilist 'doodo!'
    Shouldn't stop you,
    though, you're human
    after all
    but it would dissappoint you from human beings, right? So let's laugh at it all and sing queens bohemian rhapsody together

  • @Milkman08 said: but it would dissappoint you from human beings, right? So let's laugh at it all and sing queens bohemian rhapsody together

    Is this the reaaal life

  • Put a gun to his head, pulled the trigger and now he's dead.

    MOMMA life had just begun....

    Those are two lines I remember:D

  • But now I've gone and thrown it all AWAY.

    Momma.... ooOOooo...

Add Comment