User Avatar Image

It should be sandbox.

posted by Hyper-Trance on - last edited - Viewed by 916 users

Its going to be way to linear to be Jurassic Park like. The whole thing of Jurassic Park is free form dino's and can come from anywhere at any time. I LOVE that there's a new attempt at Jurassic Park. And massive respect for that, BUT beleive me it will be your biggest downfall if its soooo story based.
Like the very good Ghost Busters game. Only good for 1 or 2 times.

PLEEEEASE maybe take a look at the Grand Theft Auto and Hakuna Matata Games.
They have a great balance of freeform and story. :o

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So it begins. Let's just get it all out of the way.:P

Telltale has dropped incredibly vague hints that the gameplay in Jurassic Park may be something different than their usual style. Still, given episode space limitations, it's unlikely to be completely freeroam. And sorry, but a focus on story is almost guaranteed; this is TellTALE Games. ;)

• @doggans said: So it begins. Let's just get it all out of the way.:P

Telltale has dropped incredibly vague hints that the gameplay in Jurassic Park may be something different than their usual style. Still, given episode space limitations, it's unlikely to be completely freeroam. And sorry, but a focus on story is almost guaranteed; this is TellTALE Games. ;)

exactly... I mean they have the chance to do what no1 ever has, And make the WORLD FAMOUS Jurassic Park a mega major thing in game form.

I understand Telltale whole thing, But why do they have to limit themselves to just keeping it as episodes and short little 1 off things. I really think they waste a MASSIVE part of their awesome potential by doing this.

• If Universal wanted a free roaming dino shooter then they would have went to someone else, like rockstar, to make the game. But if you look at the history of Jurassic Park games that approach has been taken and failed several times. Sure, Jurassic Park fans like us enjoyed them just fine but it was because we are Jurassic Park fans. Regular gamers didn't enjoy them at all.

That's why I'm glad with the direction that telltale is going. It's going with something different that other Jurassic Park games haven't done before. From the look of things it won't be free roaming and there won't be a lot of shoot em' up moments involving dinosaurs. But what I believe we will get is a strong focus on story and a gameplay style closer to Heavy Rain. These are huge pluses in my book.

I don't think they're wasting potential. I think they're embracing potential that others never chose to take.

• @Hyper-Trance said: exactly... I mean they have the chance to do what no1 ever has, And make the WORLD FAMOUS Jurassic Park a mega major thing in game form.

I understand Telltale whole thing, But why do they have to limit themselves to just keeping it as episodes and short little 1 off things. I really think they waste a MASSIVE part of their awesome potential by doing this.

They do it so that you can play it as each part is completed, rather than make you wait the year plus that usually comes (testing, bug fixing, etc) with games released all at once.

• @waroftheworlds01 said:

I don't think they're wasting potential. I think they're embracing potential that others never chose to take.

I concur.

• Do something no one has done before and make it like Grand Theft Auto?

• Im talking spesifically for jurassic park. Don't make it a shooter.
    But have some form of freeroam otherwise how can it really be a Jurassic park experience if you know whats going to happen all the time.
    Sure have story in it but have some free roam. No they can't because they prefere to take the short episode approach(nothing wrong with that) but in my view it wastes how big they actually could make it.

But hay i guess if people want predictable game play for an hour or so (i say that because the first Back to the Future Episode took about an hour or so) then i guess thats fine.

I just don't think its very different from what we already have and none of them really feel Jurassic Park like eitha. (Operation Genesis is different and captured Jurassic park the best it could).

• @Hyper-Trance said:
    otherwise how can it really be a Jurassic park experience if you know whats going to happen all the time.

But hay i guess if people want predictable game play for an hour or so (i say that because the first Back to the Future Episode took about an hour or so) then i guess thats fine.

Jurassic Park presents a story in which I (now) know exactly what's going to happen for the next two hours and I enjoy it just fine. :)

If Telltale can present an experience that's anything like watching the movies, they'll have a real winner in my book.

• @Hyper-Trance said:

I understand the whole cheese thing. But why do cheesemakers have to limit themselves to just keeping it as cheese and small little biscuits for the cheese to go on? I really think they waste a MASSIVE part of their awesome potential by failing to make a cheese-themed Grand Theft Auto knock-off, where I can drive cheesemobiles round cheeseboards completely free to choose whether I go to the left or the top or the right or the bottom of the cheeseboard. Dammit, why should I go to the trouble of eating cheese when the makers are morally obliged to create *virtual* cheese for me?! Not to mention this business of only giving the cheeseknife to console users.

• @FitzoliverJ said: I understand the whole cheese thing. But why do cheesemakers have to limit themselves to just keeping it as cheese and small little biscuits for the cheese to go on? I really think they waste a MASSIVE part of their awesome potential by failing to make a cheese-themed Grand Theft Auto knock-off, where I can drive cheesemobiles round cheeseboards completely free to choose whether I go to the left or the top or the right or the bottom of the cheeseboard. Dammit, why should I go to the trouble of eating cheese when the makers are morally obliged to create *virtual* cheese for me?! Not to mention this business of only giving the cheeseknife to console users.

HUH? Im not a fan of GTA, Im using it as an example. Jeez. And im talking Jurassic Park here man.

But if it delivers it delivers. Hay goodluck with the cheese biscuite thing.

Add Comment