Menu
User Avatar Image

Telltale hints at new licensed series - to be revealed next month

posted by 5abanja on - last edited - Viewed by 11.5K users

Via NeoGaf:

Telltale is holding a press event next month (FEB 17) to formally unveil Jurassic Park, but the invite also states this:

"In addition to the Jurassic Park game, Telltale will reveal 5 major new multi-platform projects, including one based on a just-launched property from the TV and comic book world whose popularity is changing life as some know it."

Wow! Five new projects? That's awesome! Any thoughts on what the project they hinted at might be? The Walking Dead maybe? After getting the IP for Jurassic Park, I can sense that telltale is testing its waters with a more mature feel and directions, with the usual comedy genre still in play as well.

What do you guys think the other four projects might be?

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It wouldn't surprise if "five new projects" is just PR for "five new episodes". Probably not though.

Here's hoping for a doctor who game!

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

The way that is worded sounds like five new seasons, not episodes. Which is ridiculous.

• @Friar said: It wouldn't surprise if "five new projects" is just PR for "five new episodes". Probably not though.

It's not just 'five new episodes'.

• @Alan Johnson said: It's not just 'five new episodes'.

Wow! Way to step your game up, Telltale! I'm guessing there has been an increase of employees at telltale to handle that much work? Either way, I wish you guys the best and can't wait for the February announcement(s)!

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Alan Johnson said: It's not just 'five new episodes'.

I know you can't, due to NDAs and all, but please tell me there's either a ToMI sequel or a continuation of Puzzle Agent in there...

• The Walking Dead was my first thought too, but I wouldn't say it's changing anybody's life. Besides, I can't imagine Telltale doing an ultraviolent zombie game.

Sadly, it doesn't fit Scott Pilgrim, either... boo! :p

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Any suggestions what this could be? "just launched property"? TV AND comic book?? Actually, I didn't watch TV in the last six months (except for exactly one evening), American series arrive here with mucho delay, and the last time a comic book was "life-changing", if anything, it was Shaun Tan's "The Arrival".

But FIVE PROJECTS, Jesus. Finish BTTF first, and that includes the first episode! ;)

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@ShaggE said: The Walking Dead was my first thought too, but I wouldn't say it's changing anybody's life. Besides, I can't imagine Telltale doing an ultraviolent zombie game.

Sadly, it doesn't fit Scott Pilgrim, either... boo! :p

Ignore the changing life bit. That's just PR stuff. I worked in radio and we had to stick in taglines during ads and things like that. Actqlually, considering that Walking Dead is a zombie title...

• I want to take a guess and shoot off. The Cape...that's just how my mind works.

• @Alan Johnson said: It's not just 'five new episodes'.

Awesome! So, I predict a sequel to Poker night at the inventory (another "at the inventory" game), a second series of Monkey Island, and a doctor who series (pretty please?)

This discussion has been closed.