User Avatar Image

Tracking My Game

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

Hold me accountable to finishing at least the background resources ok?

These are the first four sketches centering on the beginning village. They're all edge enhanced and without any line cleanup or color, so if they super rough, it's because this is the first stage of it.

Scan1.jpgScan2.jpgScan3.jpgScan.jpg

350 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Character Test 3/4

Town of Anuvil - "Veldiel Pass Guard"

Guard. Not sure I like how it turned out. Was going for an almost super heroish look but... not sure.

Character%20Test%2012.jpg

Town of Tinsdale - "Frightened Citizen"
    Character%20Test%2013.jpg

• Character Test 05
    Village of Anuvil - "Old Man"
    Character%20Test%2014.jpg

• Character Test 06/07/08

Towns of Anuvil and Tinsdale - "Rich Snob", "Daisy" and "Bobby"

Character%20Test%2015.jpg

Concept Sketches

Valence
    Character%20Test%2016.jpg

Secret. There's a number of things I'm dissatisfied with here, but fortunately it's nothing near to what I'm looking at having as the final product.
    Character%20Test%2017.jpg

The Black Lich and the Dragon King
    Character%20Test%2018.jpg

I should add a note that I've never really tried drawing a dragon before. I was sitting at a restaurant doing some research and heard some inspiring music, so decided to give it a go. Obviously I'll continue working on my form. Of these sketches, the only one that's 'game ready' is the first, which I can actually ink and color without trouble.

• Those are awesome. So very, very awesome.

• Thanks Darth I appreciate your support!

Character Test 09/10

Town of Tinsdale - "Rookie Soldier"
    Character%20Test%20110.jpg

??? - Not sure if I can or should integrate this guy into the game. "Diddle's Organ" from the Legend of Mana soundtrack started piping through my headphones and I drew this, my take on the monkey conductor from that game. Will ponder how to use him.

Character%20Test%2019.jpg

• Mate it's good to want to excel and do your best but these aren't bad, if you want to do better art work than this then go ahead. But as a semi artist myself I got to admit that I like these and want to see your vision come together. As far as I am concerned you already sold your ideas and got your "clients'" attention.

• Thanks doodo. For the most part these character sketches are 'finals' with few exceptions that are going to go in game. They just need inking and coloring.

• Can't wait to see them in colour!

• I need to get a handle on PSP painting first. My skills are still rudimentary at best :P

• Character Test 11/12

Town on Anuvil - "Ricky" and "Bill"
    Bill is inspired by a mix of Edward "Snugglecakes" Van Helgen and Bill the Butcher
    Character%20Test%20111.jpg

Character Test 13
    Town of Anuvil - "Granny"
    I generally like this picture but am 100% sure the legs will be recentered and thinned.
    Character%20Test%20112.jpg

Character Test 14
    Town of Anuvil - "Tessa"
    Inspired by a lack of normal women in adventure games.
    Character%20Test%20113.jpg

Add Comment