User Avatar Image

Thanks For the Joke For Us Zork Fans!

posted by Blackphyr on - last edited - Viewed by 660 users

I am loving Telltale, and love Sam and Max, and every one of these games is a treat but I have to admit I was especially tickled by the inside reference to the original adventure game, Infocom's ZORK at the beginning of Episode 4.

In case you didn't catch it, it was: Here we are in a field west of the white house

Kudos on your clever writing and a great adventure gamer flashback :)

p.s. there was even a mailbox there!

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i love how everyone pulls arbetrary off the wall connections out of these games............. believe me, when they make a refrence............ it is obvious (and most of them are in the "do you have any...." conversations)

• @Blackphyr said: I am loving Telltale, and love Sam and Max, and every one of these games is a treat but I have to admit I was especially tickled by the inside reference to the original adventure game, Infocom's ZORK at the beginning of Episode 4.

Aye, that was one of my favourite lines of the game too. Well, it was earlier in the episode, but there were just so many great jokes!

Anyone else notice the headline on the newspaper: "Purcell eaten (or attacked, or something) by two-headed monkey"?

• Yea, I wanted to read that Purcell story, but it would not let me buy the newspaper... ack... heh...

• I loved scanning Jesse James Hand. "Wow. Can you believe it. This hand is 14 years old :p 2007 - 14 = 1993(when they first got the hand, back in Hit the road)"

And it was fun scanning Leonard Steakcharmer too :D

• did you carbon date hugh bliss :D :D I also liked how sam wondered what flint paper was up to :D

• I was amused by the Zork reference. Not so much in a "laugh-out-loud" way, but more of a "hey, that's pretty clever" way.

• As a old gamer I instantly noticed the Zork reference out in the White House lawn. I thought it was pretty nostalgic. :p

Add Comment