User Avatar Image

Get Gearbox and Lucasarts on the phone

posted by Rim-Fire on - last edited - Viewed by 218 users

I posted a thread on the Steam Forums asking what people would like in a future Inventory game or expansion pack/dlc. Most were suggestions for new characters. Seeing as it it's Valve's own forums there is obviously a bias towards Valve characters, but the top two characters were actually Duke Nukem and Guybrush Threepwood. Here's a link to the thread.

and here's a list of the top votes (some people got the same number of votes):

1. Guybrush Threepwood
2. Duke Nukem
3. GLaDOS
4. Scout
4. Spy
4. Nick
7. Gabe
8. Ben "Yhatzee" Crowshaw
8. Engineer
10. Homestar
11. Gabe Newell
11. Zoey


Thought I might as well link it over here and see what the Telltale fans thought of the Valve fans' choices. (My votes, by the way, were Guybrush Threepwood, Nick (L4D), Abe (Oddworld) & Duke Nukem)

7 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How Telltale would get the rights for Yahtzee Ill never know.

    BUT DO IT!!!

    I would love to listen to him review it, he would probably list everything wrong about the game and not even mention him except for a last joke
    "Im telling you this game is TERRIBLE!! Hell this makes Kane and Lynch look like Portal I mean re... Wait Im in it, 20 starts then."

  • I'm gonna do a Pepsiboy and say Cranky Kong would be an awesome character to have in an Inventory game. Failing him, Kazooie.

  • @Teeth said: I'm gonna do a Pepsiboy and say Cranky Kong would be an awesome character to have in an Inventory game. Failing him, Kazooie.



    Kazooie cheats at poker.
    Just watch the first cutscene of Banjo-Tooie.

  • That was because Banjo was so bad at the game, and he'd lost her birdseed money. If she were playing on her own she would probably play fair. Especially if her opponents were three armed maniacs.

  • @Teeth said: That was because Banjo was so bad at the game, and he'd lost her birdseed money. If she were playing on her own she would probably play fair. Especially if her opponents were three armed maniacs.



    Considering Kazooie can take on a witch in a tank(oh come on Banjo barely did anything) I dont think the 3 armed maniacs would be a problem.
    Tycho on the other hand... He could be a problem, we know he loves giraffes and hedgehogs, who knows about breeguls.

    Also, I would really get a kick with yahtzee because he is aware of telltales existence(he reviewed tales chapters 1 and 2) and he honestly didnt like them, or at least there tales game.
    A good joke for him would be cussing out(another use for the censor choice) the other characters because he hates the games.
    Strong Bad would agree
    Tycho would fight him in a cuss out.
    Heavy would be confused
    and Max could care less

  • I could argue that Yahtzee reviewed the game unfairly since he hadn't experienced the entire game yet, and his condemning it because it makes back-references, which are a staple of the series anyway and to be expected in the grand return of a series after a 10 year hiatus was completely unfair. But I won't. ;)

  • @Teeth said: I could argue that Yahtzee reviewed the game unfairly since he hadn't experienced the entire game yet, and his condemning it because it makes back-references, which are a staple of the series anyway and to be expected in the grand return of a series after a 10 year hiatus was completely unfair. But I won't. ;)



    True he should have waited until chapter 5.
    He did say when Guybrush hummed Largo's theme song in chapter 2, it was a nice gesture, but then Guybrush made note that this was a reference, and that screwed it up for him.
    He also liked the midway puzzle when guybrush was trying to escape disinge.

Add Comment