Menu
36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vegan said: I open the launcher and this is what I see:

http://img152.imageshack.us/i/gettannen.jpg/

Can't click on anything to start the game.

I'm using XP SP3.

Are you using a firewall?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I've got the exact same image, and I'm on my university's protected server. I normally have to manually unlock my games from Telltale. And I have a MacBook pro, running OSX6.6

• Same deal here, running Vista.

• @LeJerque said: Same deal here, running Vista.

Are you all on school networks? I'm going to recycle an earlier post but: .Edu networks almost always block us.

You might try unlocking the game on a public network.

• @Amy Lukima said: Are you all on school networks? I'm going to recycle an earlier post but: .Edu networks almost always block us.

You might try unlocking the game on a public network.

I'm on my home network. This is a new problem -- I've played (and enjoyed) Telltale's full catalog and never had this kind of issue.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I'm on a school network, and the nearest public network is at least 45 minutes away, and I feel downright dirty using it- discovered it when my iPod started dinging Facebook notifications while walking around the city center. Japan's not known for it's free networks. I would actually have to actually go and stand a certain distance away from a particular shoe store to hork free wifi off some unsuspecting apartment building. Which I DON'T want to do.

Even Starbucks requires you to buy a plan through your cell phone provider to use the wifi in their store. And I'm a resident, not a Japanese citizen, so nix on that.

I've yet to find an internet cafe near me that lets you use your own computer, too.

Hence, manual unlock for me. Is this not an option for BttF?

(Also, games sites, even news about gaming, is blocked on my school server- EXCEPT for some reason anything by Telltale. So this is weird for me, too.)

• @LeJerque said: I'm on my home network. This is a new problem -- I've played (and enjoyed) Telltale's full catalog and never had this kind of issue.

Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.

• Sweet! That fixed it.

Thank you for being supportive at this hour!

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Hey, now my BttF 1 game is giving me a manual unlock code. Weird, I never needed to unlock BttF manually- it was the only TT game that lat me log in. I'm sending it now.

Let's see if this works!

Thanks, Amy!

• @divisionten said: Hey, now my BttF 1 game is giving me a manual unlock code. Weird, I never needed to unlock BttF manually- it was the only TT game that lat me log in. I'm sending it now.

If you are playing on a .edu network you will need a manual unlock if you can't access a public network. You should get an unlock request to send me. Make sure the subject starts with unlock so I get to it ASAP.

Add Comment