User Avatar Image

BTTF Ep 3: Citizen Brown Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

posted by Kamagawa on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Post ideas and predictions here.

195 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Honestly I find episode 3 much harder to predict than episode 2. Episode 1 ended with plenty of loose ends and unused items that you knew would be needed later (ie. Georges picture). We know the general plot being a different Doc and presumably due to being with/marrying Edna. But thats it, most of the items had been used. Not even sure if there will be time travel in that episode but presumably there will be.

• Take a look at the "Doc and Edna" thread.

• After second thought, maybe there is no future for Doc and edna. Doc avoids seeing Frankenstein which is clearly an important event in his life so that alone could cause the chain of events leading to such.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: After second thought, maybe there is no future for Doc and edna. Doc avoids seeing Frankenstein which is clearly an important event in his life so that alone could cause the chain of events leading to such.

Since curse words are "forbidden" in the 1986 that Marty returns to I think Edna has a rather large part to play in Ep 3. :D

• I'll be the first to make this likely prediction; docs notepook was an important prop to get early in the first episode but hasn't been used yet. I'll predict that it's needed in episode 3 to convince doc somehow. Seems the delorean is broken somehow so marty will need doc to fix it. Not sure if doc falls off his toilet and hits his head in 1955 to invent the flux capacitor.

• I think the theme in ep. 3 will be like a stylized "1984" With Doc sort of playing the big brother role. We will see Marty having to avoid the authorities and Biff. He will eventually confront First Citizen Brown and convince him that he is a time traveler and yada yada.... Together they will fix the Delorean and come up with a plan to send Marty (and First Citizen Brown from the looks of it) back to 1931 so he can stop young Emmett from corrupting the time stream.

• @zounds! said: I think the theme in ep. 3 will be like a stylized "1984" With Doc sort of playing the big brother role. We will see Marty having to avoid the authorities and Biff. He will eventually confront First Citizen Brown and convince him that he is a time traveler and yada yada.... Together they will fix the Delorean and come up with a plan to send Marty (and First Citizen Brown from the looks of it) back to 1931 so he can stop young Emmett from corrupting the time stream.

Do you think biff is a threat in this timeline? From the brief clip we got, this seems like the most wussified version of Biff. It does seem like Doc becomes a villain or at least an anti-hero and we'll probably hate this version of him. Might actually be neat to see Biff become sort of a protagonist and help Marty get what he needs from Doc (show of hands who would have predicted biff ends up a protagonist with doc being an antagonist).

What I'd love to see is Marty kind of start to take up doc's mantle. He's had to learn from doc including meeting doc when he was his own age. He'll need first citizen brown to help fix the delorean most likely but he cant bring that Doc back to 1931 with him because even if he does and fixes the time line, it would transform around doc and thus he'd stay first citizen brown with all the memories of that timeline as opposed to the one marty and us are used to. I think marty is smart enough to figure out what went wrong; doc didnt go see frankenstein.

• I liked the clip with a very serious Doc, with glasses and no hair.
    Give him a black hat, coat and some toons to melt. ;)
    hqdefault.jpg

• Citizen Brown makes me remember Doc B from Kristen Sheley's fan fiction...

• First Citizen would disappear if Marty fixed everything, considering Doc did when Emmet didn't see 'Frankenstein.' Apparently you don't even have to prevent your own existence to fade out, it can happen if you sufficiently alter the timeline to the point that you're essentially a different person. I just realized that provides an alternate explanation for Future Biff fading out in the Part II deleted scene.

(Incidentally, I like the fact that Marty actually says 'fade out,' which he previously only did in a deleted scene from Part 1.)

EDIT: A team member explained that in another thread. Doc's gone because time travel was never invented, so he never went to the future to get all those surgeries, thus his lifespan will now be shorter in this timeline than in the correct one, meaning he should be dead at his age, so he fades from existence.

Add Comment