User Avatar Image

Kings Quest Reboot

posted by GuybrushWilco on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150947p1.html

I haven't been this excited about a Telltale announcement since Tales of Monkey Island. I figured this game deserves its own thread. Who else has mega nostalgia for this series? I really should go back and get the KQ collection now.... So what do you all hope to see in the game?

397 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • WOW! That is completely amazing! I hope they make a Space Quest game next. I'm currently playing KQ3 (On the pirate ship).

• Not excited for reasons I've already stated. I'm actually quite afraid.

And I hope to GOD they don't TOUCH Space Quest without giving Scott Murphy full creative control. And that's not gonna happen.

• Exciting news. I trust Telltale. I was one of those really sceptical about Telltale doing a continuation of my favorite series, Monkey Island, but absolutely loved it. Tales of Monkey Island > Curse of Monkey Island.

• I trust Telltale to do what they do best. The style of King's Quest is NOT what they do best and in my opinion goes against the idea of their business model. They have some SERIOUS impressing to do with this.

• NO.

Not with this company.
    Not with this direction.

Telltale
    IS NOT
    SIERRA.

Not even on their BEST DAY.

They do not have the design philosophy of Sierra. They do not have the humor of Sierra. They do not have the art direction of Sierra. They have never made a Sierra-style game and they have proven time and time again that a game worthy of a license that is SO INGRAINED IN THE HISTORY OF THE ADVENTURE GENRE.

And no, CONTRARY TO WHAT SOME PEOPLE MAY BELIEVE, LucasArts and, by extension Telltale, is not a BETTER ALTERNATIVE to Sierra that "fixed" and "evolved" the genre by removing all the bad aspects of it left in by Sierra. Sierra was a powerfully distinct entity, with its own philosophy and approach that couldn't be more different from the LucasArts or modern Telltale way of doing things. Until now I've been disappointed in Telltale, but now I'm absolutely livid. How dare they. THEY DON'T F@#$%ING DESERVE IT. THEY HAVEN'T EARNED IT. THEY CAN'T DO IT.

• yeah, i am worried. KQ is my all time favorite game series and I don't think it meshes well with telltale. I hope they make it work, but I am worried. The whole "reboot" makes me just as worried...

• @MusicallyInspired said: Not excited for reasons I've already stated. I'm actually quite afraid.

And I hope to GOD they don't TOUCH Space Quest without giving Scott Murphy full creative control. And that's not gonna happen.

I think it would be great if they someday made a Space Quest Game :). Curse of Monkey Island did not have the involvement of most of the original people, but its my personal fav in the series....And Tales is excellent as well. I'm sure the people who work at Telltale are versatile enough to make other games that do not follow already established styles. It can't be said that they are not capable of doing a Sierra style adventure, if they haven't done it before....

• Can't see this one to be honest.

King's Quest and the other Sierra games were the opposite of the Lucasarts philosphy that Telltale seem to follow. The game all had death scenes, hard puzzles and weak stories.

I don't want a watered down Sierra game.

Therefore my interest in this is.....
    metergif.jpg

• @Rather Dashing said: NO.

Not with this company.
    Not with this direction.

Telltale
    IS NOT
    SIERRA.

Not even on their BEST DAY.

They do not have the design philosophy of Sierra. They do not have the humor of Sierra. They do not have the art direction of Sierra. They have never made a Sierra-style game and they have proven time and time again that a game worthy of a license that is SO INGRAINED IN THE HISTORY OF THE ADVENTURE GENRE.

And no, CONTRARY TO WHAT SOME PEOPLE MAY BELIEVE, LucasArts and, by extension Telltale, is not a BETTER ALTERNATIVE to Sierra that "fixed" and "evolved" the genre by removing all the bad aspects of it left in by Sierra. Sierra was a powerfully distinct entity, with its own philosophy and approach that couldn't be more different from the LucasArts or modern Telltale way of doing things. Until now I've been disappointed in Telltale, but now I'm absolutely livid. How dare they. THEY DON'T F@#$%ING DESERVE IT. THEY HAVEN'T EARNED IT. THEY CAN'T DO IT.

I know you're really serious about this but this post made me-

ZnhcO.jpg

• So... what does this mean for the Silver Lining fan project?

Add Comment