User Avatar Image

Fan Art Contest: Underdevelopment!

posted by Sonekana on - last edited - Viewed by 562 users

Hi there! I got a lot of comments of suggestions on a Sam and Max fanart contest here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=453866#post453866

I'd like to thank the people who gave out their ideas on this, and I'm really happy. Thank you!

Anyway, the contest:
The basic idea is a fan art contest. I'm thinking of hosting it on the TellTale-FC on Deviantart, as well as the Sam and Max FC on the same site. I'm still pending on a theme, honestly, and help would be welcomed on a good theme. I was thinking something in which the panel of judges will choose a selection of music, and the contestants draw their own interpretation of the music involving the characters. But ideas will be highly appreciated!

I also need a panel of judges. I will be one. All we need are three more. If you're interested in being a judge, send me a private message, either here on the forums or on Deviantart, in which my account can be found here. http://cheruphim.deviantart.com/

I also heard talk about donations in the last thread post, and it would be great if you guys could donate some stuff. Honestly, I really don't have much to offer, other than a free drawing to one of the winners. If you want to donate something, again, send me a private message here or on Deviantart so we can get the donations under way.

That, is pretty much it. I really hope the best for what can come out of this!

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sonekana said: I was thinking something in which the panel of judges will choose a selection of music, and the contestants draw their own interpretation of the music involving the characters.

I'd say we could pick a piece of music from Season 3 or something, 'cos to me, I think that had the best music. But it's choosing which one...
    or Season 2 even.

I'd be willing to be a judge and donate the complete Sam & Max cartoon series as a prize.

• I'd be willing to participate.

...If I could draw.

• @Hayley the Hedgie said: I'd say we could pick a piece of music from Season 3 or something, 'cos to me, I think that had the best music. But it's choosing which one...
    or Season 2 even.

I'd be willing to be a judge and donate the complete Sam & Max cartoon series as a prize.

Good idea! We'll probably choose certain songs, maybe each judge takes songs from each season. I'll do season 1, and if you want, you can do Season 3. ^^

Yes, please do so! ^^ I'll accept you as a judge. As for the cartoon series donations, Ginny-N has already gave some ideas for suggestions.Of course, We'll probably make the complete collection a Grand Prize of some sort.

So far, Ginny-N said she's donating Sam and Max action figures, a free commission, and a year-long subscription on deviantart for dA users. Since you're donating the cartoon series, we could possibly make that a Grand Prize, the action figures being first place, the subscription being second place, and a request from the judges being third place. Thanks for you cooperation, Hayley! ^^

• @Sonekana said: We'll probably make the complete collection a Grand Prize of some sort.

Do you mean the Complete Collection of the Cartoon Series or the Games? You would wanna specify that when you're saying the prizes just in case people might misunderstand...

• A song is picked, and then what?

• I'd be happy to take part - but as for the prizes, I'm not sure, it seems like most people would already have the games/cartoon series and so on - maybe we need to make sure there's at least one prize that people are guaranteed not to have, not a clue what that would be though :S

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

... I don't have the cartoon series. ;) ;) ;)

• Sonekana, I replied to your comment on deviantart and I accept the hosting of this contest!

• @mightypiratetm said: Sonekana, I replied to your comment on deviantart and I accept the hosting of this contest!

Thank you! I saw this on the TellTale Fan club and was overjoyed! Thanks!

• @rubygloommel said: I'd be happy to take part - but as for the prizes, I'm not sure, it seems like most people would already have the games/cartoon series and so on - maybe we need to make sure there's at least one prize that people are guaranteed not to have, not a clue what that would be though :S

Hmm.. Well, the second and third prize include a year long subscription on Deviantart, as well as the third prize being a free commission from the three judges hosting the contest. But I guess since they are second and third, I guess that doesn't make them that unique..First place is the action figures, donated by GinnyN, and I don't think many people have those items...well, from what I've seen. However, you are right..we'll probably have to think about that prize more thoroughly.. Thanks for you input!

Add Comment