User Avatar Image

Is the game all cinematic cut scenes?

posted by shamuboy on - last edited - Viewed by 601 users

From the demo video it seemed to look like it was one of those "Pressing Button Cut-Scenes." Like you see in some Action/Adventure games. Will the whole game be like that or will you be able to move around and explore?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @shamuboy said: From the demo video it seemed to look like it was one of those "Pressing Button Cut-Scenes." Like you see in some Action/Adventure games. Will the whole game be like that or will you be able to move around and explore?



    It's unknown to what extent you'll be able to move and explore within the game at this time. You should probably expect the action scenes to consist of "pressing button cut-scenes" (or QTEs as they're better known) but in between those action moments you'll be interacting with the environment and solving (fairly simplistic) puzzles.

    At the moment it seems that the player will move from one area to another by accessing a security system network and selecting the relevant security camera angle, at which point you're character will (automatically) walk to that location. I doubt we'll have a true picture as to what level the player's involvement in movement will extend to until much closer to the first episodes release, which is during April.

  • @shamuboy said: From the demo video it seemed to look like it was one of those "Pressing Button Cut-Scenes." Like you see in some Action/Adventure games. Will the whole game be like that or will you be able to move around and explore?



    That sure is how it looked to me shamuboy, thank goodness they didn't do that to back to the future.

  • I really hope thats not the case.... Cause I would like to explore somewhat. And I'm sure a lot of other die-hard JP fans would to.

  • @shamuboy said: ...I would like to explore somewhat. And I'm sure a lot of other die-hard JP fans would to.



    Well, there's always the bendy stretched armed, boob-a-rama glory that is Trespasser...

    500px-JPT_DEgangsta.png
    As his skin ruptured and the precious goo of life evacuated from his body; Stretch Armstrong certainly regretted punching the dinosaur in its razor sharp mouth.


    jurassic-park-trespasser--article_image.
    In a last ditch effort to escape, Anne prayed the raptor was attracted to human females, or at the very least her snazzy tattoo.

  • @Davies said: Well, there's always the bendy armed glory of Trespasser...



    I LOVE Trespasser! Most people don't even realize what it is. I play it almost every day. If we get a bendy arm like Anne then I really don't care!

    ;)

  • @shamuboy said: I LOVE Trespasser! Most people don't even realize what it is. I play it almost every day. If we get a bendy arm like Anne then I really don't care!

    ;)



    Same, my favorite game of all time!!!!

  • Good to know there's some loving for Trespasser! It was way ahead of its time, doing the kind of physics based puzzling in an FPS environment some 6 years prior to Half Life 2. Of course it was also a deeply flawed game, with more bugs then the entire network of New York's sewer system put together. Not to mention more glitches then that time R2D2 upgraded to Vista and caught a sexual transmitted virus from a filthy comm port.

    Great game though!

  • Trespasser is not a game, its an experience. It's unlike anything else, and its surprisingly good for its time and all the bad reviews it had.

    I recommend playing some of the levels that the TresCom community made, particularly East Dock (which seems to have inspired TellTale), the TresCom Level and TC Isle. They even got to make the textures better and even add some scripted stuff. They are all fantastic.

  • @Davies said: Good to know there's some loving for Trespasser! It was way ahead of its time, doing the kind of physics based puzzling in an FPS environment some 6 years prior to Half Life 2. Of course it was also a deeply flawed game, with more bugs then the entire network of New York's sewer system put together. Not to mention more glitches then that time R2D2 upgraded to Vista and caught a sexual transmitted virus from a filthy comm port.

    Great game though!



    Haha! yes, i play this game for hours some days, i love it and have so many copies of the disk and guide. A remake has to happen and im happy to meet you becuase there are so few people who gave it a friggin chance!

  • @shamuboy said: I LOVE Trespasser! Most people don't even realize what it is. I play it almost every day. If we get a bendy arm like Anne then I really don't care!

    ;)



    Too bad it was released unfinished. They should remake it properly so it can be even BETTER. Trespasser FTW

Add Comment