15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's nice to see this thread in more than one place; I'm interested in seeing what other people think.

For me it's hard to decide between Episode 1 and Episode 4. Both were great for very different reasons. Episode 1 ended at a completely unexpected moment, and it left us players with one single question that needed answering - "who is that woman". Whereas Episode 4 ended at an appropriate moment, and left us with a ton of larger questions which needed answering.

But, for effectiveness, I would have to say Episode 1 had the better cliffhanger. It may not have been the best ending, but it basically defined what a cliffhanger is.

• Chapter 1 for me. That was the most interrogative.

• Episode 4, no doubt about that. :)
    Most emotions, and kept me up all night and started my computer at 5 before going to work, just to find out what happened after and if Guybrush was ok.

• Manateeee!!! Heck, that one was my favorite...

• Episode 4 had probably the best emotional cliffhanger, but I'm actually going to say the 'MANATEEEEEEE!' cliffhanger in chapter 2. It was so out of nowhere that I just about died laughing at my computer.

• I voted for Chapter 1, even if only for all the expectation and guessing on the forums (Who is she? Is she Cate Capsize? Is Carla the Swordmaster?...)

• @mgrant said: Episode 4 had probably the best emotional cliffhanger, but I'm actually going to say the 'MANATEEEEEEE!' cliffhanger in chapter 3. It was so out of nowhere that I just about died laughing at my computer.

Actually, the "MANATEEEEEE!!!" cliffhanger occurs at the end of Chapter 2 and repeats at the beginning of Chapter 3.

• Crap, I thought I put in Chapter 2, way for me to make a typing fail. Thanks for catching that.

• I not only find chapter 3 to have the worst end/cliffhanger, but also chapter 4 to have the worst beginning...

Add Comment