User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 5.3K users

Jurassic Park FAQ

UPDATED: November 15'th

Q: I used my code from the Jurassic Part Trilogy set for a free episode. Where is it?
A: You'll be able to download this by logging into the site and clicking the Your Games link in the top-right. It's not currently available for download, but we'll have it up soon.

Q: What is the Price of the game?
A: For the PC, there are two versions. The standard edition is $29.99, and the Deluxe Edition is $49.99 (with a $10 discount if purchased prior to launch, bringing the price down to $39.99.) Retail editions for the Xbox 360 are $39.99. It's available for the PS3 on PSN at $29.99

Q: When does the game take place?
A: It takes place during the events of the first movie.

Q: What kind of game will this be?
A: It will be an adventure game with action elements.

Q: When will the game be released?
A: Nov 15th, 2011.

Q: What systems will it be available for?
A: It will be available on the PC and Mac, on the PS3 through PSN, and as a retail release for the 360.

Q: What about merchandise, and my free DVD for the PC/Mac version?
A: We have t-shirts and posters available in our store. As of right now, we do not have plans to make a Collector's DVD available, but the Deluxe Edition of the game does include a DVD.

Q: Does Telltale ship worldwide?
A: Yes, absolutely!

Q: What are the System Requirements for the PC/Mac?

PC System Requirements
Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
Sound: Direct X 8.1 sound device

Mac System Requirements
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
Additional: Not recommended for MAC Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Q: What languages are the game available in?
A: English and German voice options with English, German and French subtitles.

Q: Can I play Jurassic Park with a gamepad?
A: Definitely! You'll be given the option to choose between gamepad and keyboard/mouse when you start the game. If you wish to switch control schemes, you will need to restart the game. Sorry, but at this time, gamepad support is not available on the Mac.

Q: Hey, why can't I save my game? What's going on? There's no option on the main menu.
A: Don't worry - the game is saving automatically at set checkpoints. If you want to replay a section later, you can choose it from the Scenarios list on the main menu. When you load your game, you will be taken to the latest checkpoint you've reached.

Q: Episodes 2-4 aren't available on the main menu. I bought the game. What's the deal?
A: You will need to complete Episode 1 before you're able to start Episode 2. Then you'll need to proceed through all of Episode 2 before Episode 3 will unlock, and so on.

Current known issues:

Gamepads are not currently supported in the Mac client. However, upon launching the game, you will still be asked to choose between gamepad and mouse/keyboard. Please make sure you choose the mouse/keyboard option. The control prompt will be removed from the Mac version soon.

186 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The demo is usually the first act or two of the first episode - and yes, it's only released at the same time as the actual game. In fact, usually the files are the same, and you can unlock the demo to get the full episode without having to download another big file :)

• @Davies said: You must be kidding! Did you even read the FAQ's above?!

Just to verify what's already established, you will be able to plug an USB X-Box 360 pad into your PC and use that. It may be possible to use other game controllers too. Did anyone here try using a none 360 pad for BTTF?

If its like that, then wouldn't it be easier to release the game for the 360?

• Hey guys im kinda new to telltales approach on selling then game, Say i I preorder it at 29.99 is that going to be only for the 1st episode??? or is that for all of them??

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@nagasadow said: Hey guys im kinda new to telltales approach on selling then game, Say i I preorder it at 29.99 is that going to be only for the 1st episode??? or is that for all of them??

That price is for ALL the episodes!

• I'd like to know if the pre-order is mandatory to get the dvd at the end of the season.

• This might be a stupid question but does anyone know an actual release date yet or is it still just April? Just wondering if I should be looking forward to the beginning or ending of that month lol

• @Diduz said: I'd like to know if the pre-order is mandatory to get the dvd at the end of the season.

For all of Telltale's other games: No. If you buy the whole season, you are eligible for the free DVD. You don't have to buy it on pre-order, you can buy it any time. I assume JP will be the same.

• @BKproductions said: This might be a stupid question but does anyone know an actual release date yet or is it still just April? Just wondering if I should be looking forward to the beginning or ending of that month lol

Telltale rarely announce the exact release date, except perhaps about a week before the game is released (and even then, not always: BTTF Episode 2 was released without any prior notice of the release date).

Just get used to only a month being supplied, and if the game arrives on or before April 30th, you should be satisfied :)

Please read the Telltale General FAQ as well as this thread to see if your questions are already answered...

• @Molokov said: For all of Telltale's other games: No. If you buy the whole season, you are eligible for the free DVD. You don't have to buy it on pre-order, you can buy it any time. I assume JP will be the same.

Thanks, I know that, since I've bought all of Telltale games (with extra dvds), but things sound somehow different this time around.
    I also assume JP will be the same, but I'd like some official word on it. ;)

• As long as you purchase the entire season of Jurassic Park, you'll be eligible for the free collector's DVD. It's not a pre-order only thing, but the Insider Forum is.

Add Comment