User Avatar Image

Games You Haven't Started

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 403 users

So I've been thinking about this lately anyway, and a discussion in the rating thread made me think this might be an interesting thread, so here's a thread to name all the games that you own but haven't gotten around to playing at all yet. Here's my own list.

Super Metroid
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Resident Evil (GameCube)
Wii Fit Plus
Sonic Advance
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5: 8-Bit is Enough
Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures
Neverwinter Nights
Metroid: Other M
Epic Mickey
Bone
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
Final Fantasy (PSP)
Final Fantasy II (PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Psychonauts

And until a couple days ago, The Beatles: Rock Band would've been on this list.

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My list is too long....far too long >.>

I hope you get to play Psychonauts soon though. Even though I played and finished it I rebought it off Steam and slowly going through it again. Creativity understates the game.

• @Origami said: My list is too long....far too long >.>

Same as, I've got games ranging from titles I purchased during the early 90s through to games I bought a couple of months back. Dozens and dozens of games just gathering dust.

@Origami said: Here's my own list.

Resident Evil (GameCube)
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures
    Bone
    Psychonauts

I've left in the ones that I've played and you're in for a treat. Especially regarding:

Resident Evil (Remake) which is a little hard to get into at first (and I mean literally hard, as in difficult) but when you do it is nothing short of outstanding and gorgeous to boot (to this very day). A remake that's genuinely superior to the original (which is an absolute classic already and one of my favorite games of all time).

HL2:E2 is excellent but as you've already played HL2 and Episode 1 you'll already know that it will be (it also continues to tie in with Portal which is cool).

Psychonauts may not have the greatest gameplay (not that it's bad) but the writing, characters and charm posses the usual Tim Schafer genius. However, be warned that it can be a bit overwhelming at first as there are so many collectables that serve different purposes and it can initially be confusing.

@Origami said: And until a couple days ago, The Beatles: Rock Band would've been on this list.

I really enjoy that one but it's a crime that using the whammy bar has no effect on the pitch, as it does with other games in the series (it's for stupid legal reasons I believe). Also, if you want some of the greatest Beatles tracks (such as Norwegian Wood, A Day In The Life, When I'm Sixty-Four and In My Life) then you have to pay for DLC which is really cheeky.

• I've at least started, if not beaten my library of games for the most part; save two ROMs: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising and Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand. both were games I intended to pick up yonks ago and can't find, hence their ROM form, but I just...haven't gotten around to them. Ditto for BTTF episode 2 actually, been playing MI games instead.

• ^
    *ahum* you pirate =P

I would've played the Boktai series too if it weren't for the fact that part 3 never got released here and 4 was drastically changed in the western to make it look as a new franchise.

• How does a ROM of Boktai work without the solar sensor?

• is none an option? I always start a game as soon as I get it, but 40% of the time or so I end up stopping before being done.

• @mgrant said: Ditto for BTTF episode 2 actually, been playing MI games instead.

You actually just reminded me that I've got Episode 1 and 2 of BTTF sat on my desktop unplayed (well except a 10 minute play of episode 1 when it came out just to see what it's like). For the first time in my history of Telltale games I'm waiting till all 5 episodes are out so that I can enjoy it as one long experience. Is anyone else doing this or has done it with a previous TellTale game?

I'm curious to see if it will feel like playing a proper full length adventure or if it will still seem disjointed and episodic (aside from having to go back to the desktop after each episode obviously).

• @GuruGuru214 said: How does a ROM of Boktai work without the solar sensor?

Not actually sure. It probably won't work, but after searching for the game for about four years before caving and downloading a ROM, I figure it can't hurt to give it a try, right?

• @GuruGuru214 said: How does a ROM of Boktai work without the solar sensor?

More importantly, how does a copy of Boktai work with the solar sensor in Britain?!

• The Ball, the Bone games, and DeathSpank T.O.V.

Add Comment