User Avatar Image

I've changed my mind...

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 572 users

Originally, I thought "Oh, a zombie game. How original... Pass", but now ive found a friend who was kind enough to lend me his copies, and its not really about zombies, its about human spirit in a world of death. Or from what I can tell, anyway. I'm only up to issue 3 so far, plan to read more tonight.

Anyway, I hope Telltale does this as well as they've done past comic book adaptations! Also fables!

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is what I have been trying to say. Most zombie games are like "OMGWTFZOMBIESSHOOTTHEM", but Walking Dead is about surviving a world without a sense of safety.

• Yeah the comics are less about zomgzombies and more about Humans in their capacities as human.

• @The Gentleman said: This is what I have been trying to say. Most zombie games are like "OMGWTFZOMBIESSHOOTTHEM", but Walking Dead is about surviving a world without a sense of safety.

Why am I the ONLY one not finding this that original or interesting?

• I dunno... you didn't read the books?

• @Falanca said: Why am I the ONLY one not finding this that original or interesting?

Ecclesiastes 1:9 (New International Version, ©2011)

9 What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.

Your sentiment itself is nothing inherently new. There is nothing new per say, but how it is portrayed and delivered gives each its own inherent value. Humor of a genre is never new, but how it is delivered can make me laugh time and again.

• @Falanca said: Why am I the ONLY one not finding this that original or interesting?

Read the books.

• Or... I can play Fallout, or some survival horror game. Skip to the better half of The Pianist... I know, no zombies there, but zombies are pretty uninteresting anyway.

• Falanca, you kinda confuse me. I can understand coming in here and talking about your issues with the game and whatnot, but you really have no qualms other than "I'm uninterested". And constantly coming into this particular forum expressing how you're uninterested.

It's like someone who doesn't particularly care for seafood stepping into a fish section of the a market and expressing to everyone how they just don't care about their catches and how he'd rather go to the butcher section. No one's keeping him there and there's a butcher a few feet away.

Add Comment