User Avatar Image

First looks at JP: The Game reactions. Post yours!

posted by ClownPrinceJoker on - last edited - Viewed by 355 users

Hey all. I just pre-ordered the game and I've been following it for a while. I know we've all be psyched for this since us JP fans haven't gotten a good survival game ever (TLW game goesn't count in my eyes, it was merely a dodge everything 3d side-scroller ). However there's a couple things I noticed that I figured might lead to some fun discussion.

1. Harding doesn't have his mustache. I know in another thread someone said he might have shaved after we saw him in the movie, and he did apparently have to go get his daughter.

2. Why does the T-Rex in this sound like the Rex from Dino Crisis? The JP T-Rex roar is one of the most iconic character sounds I can think of. No matter what other movie/show uses it (mainly stuff on Syfy), I always think of Jurassic Park.

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1/ That sounds like a big continuity error to me. Strange.

2/ There's a whole thread of arguing devoted to that here, please don't start another one.

3/ Glad that your looking forward to the game and welcome to the forums :)

• The roar isn't the main subject of the argument. Those are the 2 points I found in the trailer that really struck me as off, is all.

• @ClownPrinceJoker said: The roar isn't the main subject of the argument.

How so?!

• $5 off is not enough for me to pre-order... I am holding out to see if they sweeten the deal.... The least they could have done was give us some sneak peak at some art in a private board like they have in the past....

• @ClownPrinceJoker said: Harding doesn't have his mustache. I know in another thread someone said he might have shaved after we saw him in the movie, and he did apparently have to go get his daughter.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, after meeting Ellie, Harding immediately ran to his jeep and lost the mustache, to make sure he had a shot!!! He was in WOVE...:p;):mad:

:confused:

:mad:

BTW, he also de-aged about 10 years, his voice went up several octaves and his nose grew by about a foot, (much like Natalie Portman, although with her it took about a decade).

• I imagine it's something to do with the fact that while they have the rights to use the character they don't have the likeness rights of the actor that played the character.

• They may also be trying to appeal to the masses by making him younger looking.... But still older... Like a TV doctor :P

• Well to go in order.

When I heard TellTale was making a Jurassic Park game i got excited.

When I saw the types of game TellTale made I got worried but was hopefull.

When I saw the screen shots from the game I got excited.

When I heard it was going to be like Heavy Rain I was like HELL YEAH!

When I saw the trailer I was still excited but was confused as to why the wrong roar was used for the T-Rex.

When I saw the gameplay footage I put all worries aside. Cause I like the style and story and I think it's going to be awesome.

@Irishmile said: They may also be trying to appeal to the masses by making him younger looking.... But still older... Like a TV doctor :P

That's what I was thinking. They don't need to make him look exactly like in the movie. At leas he looks like he could be around the same age.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Well to go in order.

When I heard TellTale was making a Jurassic Park game i got excited.

When I saw the types of game TellTale made I got worried but was hopefull.

When I saw the screen shots from the game I got excited.

When I heard it was going to be like Heavy Rain I was like HELL YEAH!

When I saw the trailer I was still excited but was confused as to why the wrong roar was used for the T-Rex.

When I saw the gameplay footage I put all worries aside. Cause I like the style and story and I think it's going to be awesome.

Y'know, I thought that I was the biggest Jurassic Park fan of all time, but since I can't write a response better than your great posts, I'll grant you the title. :D

• *Holds up Golden T-Rex Idol*

I would like to thank RexMaster and all the great members at the TellTale forums for this great honnor of being the biggest Jurassic Park fan of all time. I would like to thank Michael Crichton for the amazing novels. I would also like to thank Steven Spielberg and Universal and everyone else involved with the making of Jurassic Park one, two and three. I would also like to thank Hasbro for the awesome toys, Dreamworks and Ocean for the awesome games, and Universal Studios, Florida for the ride (sorry I snuck my camera on but I had to get a video of that T-Rex).

And I would like to congratulate TellTale for being able to create a game based off Jurassic Park and expand on it's universe. I can't wait to play it. I'm sure it'll be awesome. :)

.... too much? lol

Add Comment