User Avatar Image

Lego Back to the Future

posted by Shoxir on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

Does anyone else think this would be the perfect lego game? Reasons:
1. It comes in parts, which is what most lego games focus on (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc.)
2. Back to the Future has the right amount of comedy to be reinterpreted as legos (imagine the scene where Doc is jumping up and down in the first movie when Einstein time travels, but with legos)
3. A lego Delorean. 'Nuff said.
Anyone else agree?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Buckynohair said: I enjoy the Lego games for the most part. Didn't the Harry Potter one, as i don't like the movies. But all the other ones were fine. Looking forward to the Pirates of the Caribbean one though.

Aswell as BTTF lego i'd also love a Lego Real Ghostbusters and/or movie version Lego Ghostbusters. Although I doubt there'd be enough material for the movie version, what with there only being the two movies... so far... :cool:

Really? I've been wanting a LEGO Ghostbusters for a long time now... You're right though, there isn't enough content. They'd have to mix it with Real Ghostbusters, The Video Game, and possibly Extreme Ghostbusters to get the kind of vast content of enemies, characters, weapons, vehicles, and settings that LEGO Star Wars offered.

• @CartoonistWill said: Really? I've been wanting a LEGO Ghostbusters for a long time now... You're right though, there isn't enough content. They'd have to mix it with Real Ghostbusters, The Video Game, and possibly Extreme Ghostbusters to get the kind of vast content of enemies, characters, weapons, vehicles, and settings that LEGO Star Wars offered.

From what i've heard the harry potter game follows the first 4 films. The ghostbusters one doesnt have to follow the movies. In the movies theres only 3 ghostbusting scenes per movie (one early on, a montage, and the finale). They tend to make their own.

One thing to realize people is that lego games are not really dialogue driven; there's dialogue on the screen at the beginning and end of scenes but not usually during the levels and it's all captions.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: From what i've heard the harry potter game follows the first 4 films. The ghostbusters one doesnt have to follow the movies. In the movies theres only 3 ghostbusting scenes per movie (one early on, a montage, and the finale). They tend to make their own.

One thing to realize people is that lego games are not really dialogue driven; there's dialogue on the screen at the beginning and end of scenes but not usually during the levels and it's all captions.

You're right. Even the Star Wars games had levels and places I wasn't familiar with them going to or through in the movies. LEGO games make their own stories using the source material as a loose base. Lots of different ghost busting jobs mixed with scenes from the movies and leading to the movie's climax would be acceptable. Obviously the GB had lots of unseen cases in both movies. I really wish we had got to see more, although I'm glad the movies (or 1st movie) were story and character driven instead of special effects or action driven. I wouldn't be opposed with using the Video Game or the upcoming 3rd film (I hope, unless it sucks or leads to "Ace Venture 3: Ace Ventura Jr."-esque straight to video sequels ... okay, I'd still watch them though) as extra content for story and levels in a LEGO Ghostbusters game, if such were to exist. Man, can you imagine GB the Video Game with LEGO's? I'd just like to compare those. Weird. And frightening scenes become hilariously spoofed. Love the idea.

• That would be awesome, a Lego BTTF game. :)

Funny fact, Lego even already had a time traveling themed set. They called it the Time Cruisers. If you look at the boxes they had, surely you see which movie was the biggest inspiration.

• Lego Back to the Future would just be brilliant. I can imagine it as well. I can see a Lego Marty McFly going round hill valley on a skateboard or a hoverboard in the future. Plus, theres a great storyline. Although there arn't a great deal of characters... :(. But Back to the Future has been making a great comeback recently. What with the new game on PC and they relseased the 1st film at cinemas agian last october (UK).
    Also another possibility... Lego Jurassic Park.

• I would pretty much play any Lego game...

• I'm not a Lego Game fan at all, but I'd buy a BttF Lego game in a nano-second.

• Since decent Back to the Future games are pretty sparse, I'd certainly consider buying the game despite the fact that I normally don't play Lego Games.

A Co-Op mode with all the characters would be intriguing. Imagine: Griff fighting alongside Seamus McFly. In fact, I'd buy the game solely for that mode.

• @Martin McFly said: Since decent Back to the Future games are pretty sparse, I'd certainly consider buying the game despite the fact that I normally don't play Lego Games.

A Co-Op mode with all the characters would be intriguing. Imagine: Griff fighting alongside Seamus McFly. In fact, I'd buy the game solely for that mode.

I never thought of that but lego does seem to enjoy having 'villain mode' in the games where you can play as the bad guy. Would be fun being like biff and roaming through time.

• I wouldn't mind a Lego BTTF game. I loved the Star Wars ones and thought the Batman one was ok.

Add Comment