User Avatar Image

Lego Back to the Future

posted by Shoxir on - last edited - Viewed by 8K users

Does anyone else think this would be the perfect lego game? Reasons:
1. It comes in parts, which is what most lego games focus on (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc.)
2. Back to the Future has the right amount of comedy to be reinterpreted as legos (imagine the scene where Doc is jumping up and down in the first movie when Einstein time travels, but with legos)
3. A lego Delorean. 'Nuff said.
Anyone else agree?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh yeah. I'd buy a Lego Back to the Future game ASAP. I love all of the Lego games (I still need to get the new ones, Clone Wars and Pirates) and I know that this game would be sweet. (Lego Ghostbusters would be awesome to.)

And they are very kid friendly, while still being fun games even for adults. One of the things I love about them is their authenticity to the original movies or shows. The music, the levels and even the characters (loosly) look just like they should.

• I wouldnt mind but its very unlikely let me explain:

1. Lego are looking for NEW films.
    2. Films friendly to children (back to the future has a lot of swearing)
    3. George lucas would proberly tell lego they can only try buying the rights for it if bob gale agrees to make a sequel (you all know how george lucas cant help himself)

Its a nice idea but i dont see it happening any time soon.

• @yoman45135 said: I wouldnt mind but its very unlikely let me explain:

3. George lucas would proberly tell lego they can only try buying the rights for it if bob gale agrees to make a sequel (you all know how george lucas cant help himself)

Didn't they do a lego indiana jones BEFORE the last film?
    I wouldnt say there's a lot of swearing. Some S-bombs and not a single f-bomb, easy to cut out.
    Since when does george locas own lego?

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Didn't they do a lego indiana jones BEFORE the last film?
    I wouldnt say there's a lot of swearing. Some S-bombs and not a single f-bomb, easy to cut out.
    Since when does george locas own lego?

the swearing bit are you talking about indiana jones or bttf, and about george lucas, hes lietrally the owner of lego ever since he stopped them from going bankrupt, thats nearly the only reason they make star wars stuff.

• @yoman45135 said: I wouldnt mind but its very unlikely let me explain:

Problems with your logic:

1. New as in "Star Wars and Indiana Jones (from the 1980's)?"
    2. Lego characters never talk, so I don't think there would be a swearing problem.
    3. George Lucas doesn't own the Lego company or the back to the future license.

• @StrongBrush1 said: Problems with your logic:

1. New as in "Star Wars and Indiana Jones (from the 1980's)?"

Star Was and Indiana Jones are REALLY famous and lots of little kids know what they are. Back to the Future is the same years but its not as popular. If it made this HUMONGUS and giant comeback with releasing all the movies without swear words and make it in 3-D and all that good stuff, then maybe LEGO will consider it.

• @moturu said: Star Was and Indiana Jones are REALLY famous and lots of little kids know what they are. Back to the Future is the same years but its not as popular. If it made this HUMONGUS and giant comeback with releasing all the movies without swear words and make it in 3-D and all that good stuff, then maybe LEGO will consider it.

You do realize they made Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and those films were rated PG-13 right? I know those are recent films, but they had booze and gore in it and the Lego version those things were minimized. Kids now might not know what BTTF is but adults might (who also play lego games) Heck even the Lego Batman game looked like it was based on the Campy 60's version, not any of the recent films which I'm sure some kids don't know about that series.

• lego rock band also exists and doesnt just have kiddy songs on it, it has quite a few adult songs.

• @Overture said: I think Lego BTTF would be a much easier franchise, with set episodes they could work on.
    Star trek....where the hell would you start? Original? TNG? Movies?
    DS9 would work well as a place to stage a Star Trek game.......ok, now I want Lego Star Trek too. You bastard.

How about LEGO Star Trek Voyager? I loved that series!!!
    Plus Jerri Ryan/Seven of 9 was in that series LOL

• No thanks. I don't like Lego games myself, I think they're just an excuse to slack off on the graphics and everything. Now, I'm not one of those who only care about how good it looks, but lego slacks off in lots of things in the games, starting from that

Add Comment