User Avatar Image

Which Jennifer do you hope to see?

posted by Bridge on - last edited - Viewed by 453 users

The title says it all. I know, we had an...interesting discussion over "hot unconscious Elisabeth Shue, & some mentioned they'd like to see someone else. But I'm curious as to how many fans of the "original Jennifer Parker" we have out there. My vote is for a Claudia Wells :D

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Given the art style of the game, I don't think you could accurately tell which actress the model is based on.

If you want to know which I prefer from the films, I think they both did a fine job. Jennifer isn't a well developed character to begin with.

• In the first movie Jennifer is basically just a plot device to have Marty inadvertently show Doc the clocktower leaflet back in 1955 and Robert Zemeckis has even said in interviews that if he'd known he was going to make a sequel he would never have had her get in the car with them at the end simply because there was nothing really for her character to do.

As for which actress she'll look like in the game I agree with Bunnyman. George doesn't look particularly like Crispen Glover and I think it'll be the same case here.

• It doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy that I'll see Jennifer again. :)

• Yeah the model style you aren't really gonna tell to difference too much; heck even watching the films back to back you barely notice the change in actress unless you know it occurs cause they look quite similar.

• I think the voice actor playing Jennifer in the episode preview sounded more like Claudia Wells than Elizabeth Shue, if that counts for anything.

• Well, none of the characters actually look like the actors. So this was more of a hypothetical question. I always thought Jennifer getting in the car with Marty & Doc was a bit out of place...but I guess they found another way to use her as a plot device with the "YOU'RE FIRED!!" fax.

@thesporkman said: I think the voice actor playing Jennifer in the episode preview sounded more like Claudia Wells than Elizabeth Shue, if that counts for anything.

This is actually what inspired said hypothetical question - glad someone else's ears hear that as well. :)

• Elizabeth SHue spent most of her time in a Coma. Wells for sure.

• @PrivateJoker said: Elizabeth SHue spent most of her time in a Coma. Wells for sure.

I can agree with this for the most part. While Shue's character as Jennifer indeed played into the whole Needles-conflict (or at least the knowledge of it,) I'm a stickler for the original casting. And I have to disagree with a previous post that it's not easy to tell the difference in the two actresses - the hair, demeanor, pretty much everything is different in Shue than Wells.

This is not to say I do not respect Elisabeth Shue as an actress - I couldn't imagine a better Lori Craven in "Soapdish" & so on - but I was just hoping for as much continuity with her small role as those of the larger roles...as she was the driving force in Marty's personal quest of getting back to his preferred timeline.

• Im pretty sure that Claudia Wells Jennifer is in the game, since it's Wells who's doing the voice! At least I Think that is is her

• I don't know, the first time I ever saw BTTF, I watched all three of them over the course of a few nights, and I didn't realize Jennifer was someone different in the second one.

Add Comment