User Avatar Image

The Making of Poker Night?

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 417 users

From Telltale's blog...

Get some insight on the making of Poker Night at the Inventory on Sunday afternoon in the Making the "Citizen Kane" of Poker Games: Poker Night at the Inventory" panel. You'll hear from Sean Vanaman, Jake Rodkin, Nick Herman, and Tulley Rafferty on the intricacies of putting together last year's cross-over title! Stop by the Wyvern Theatre on Sunday at 3:00pm to get in on the panel!

Any chance there'll be videos of this, or at least a blog post recounting everything said? It sounds interesting.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RAnthonyMahan said: From Telltale's blog...

Any chance there'll be videos of this, or at least a blog post recounting everything said? It sounds interesting.

I'm not sure if anyone is filming or recording this. If not, it's unlikely much or any of that would make it into the blog, at least via myself, since I am not attending PAX East this year. :( Sorry.

• I hope someone films it. It sounds cool, it would be nice to know how the best (well, only) poker game I've played was made. On a related note, are you going to have those Poker Night prints at PAX East?

• @Alan Johnson said: I'm not sure if anyone is filming or recording this. If not, it's unlikely much or any of that would make it into the blog, at least via myself, since I am not attending PAX East this year. :( Sorry.

Daw. Any chance of asking Sean (or someone else going) to put the details online?

Thanks for the response, by the way.

• So...anyone know what they said?

• Cant you have someone film that.... I mean a sony Handicam is pretty darn cheap... and that is the sort of thing that SHOULD be in the blog section.

• @Irishmile said: Cant you have someone film that.... I mean a sony Handicam is pretty darn cheap... and that is the sort of thing that SHOULD be in the blog section.

Considering the entirety of our staff that was at PAX East officially on Telltale business was on the panel, it would have been a little tough getting that set up.
    Hell, an iPhone 4 shoots 720p video, so no camera purchase would even have been necessary. Totally agree with you though, but unfortunately, sometimes limitations come into play like this.

• People in the audience may have captured some of it, but that panel will likely only exist in the memories of those who attended. Sorry we couldn't document it.

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

I found this article, which talks a little about the Poker Night panel. Although not too descriptive, it's better than nothing.

http://thephoenix.com/BLOGS/laserorgy/archive/2011/03/13/pax-east-day-3-telltale-games-indie-start-ups-and-unfortunately-dickwolves.aspx

• Haha that article. It circled the rounds in the office today. That piece sadly makes us sound like a bunch of curmudgeonly grumps. Oh well! On the panel we talked about a lot of the crazy pie in the sky features we dreamed up which we ultimately had to let fall away in favor of the big pieces which we thought would make the game -- poker AI and character banter -- and how we invested all of our time in those. About half the panel was Q&A about Telltale and Poker Night and working with the Chapmans and Tycho and the Team Fortress guys and things like that. I wouldn't mind if there was a copy of the panel up there somewhere but your lives won't be changed by not seeing it :)

Also everyone who went to the panel got a Poker Night poster! So maybe that part of it will change your life, but a video wouldn't fix that, sorry to say.

• Daw. Is there any chance of someone at least posting some of the info they shared? I don't need a video or anything as long as we get to hear all the behind-the-scenes secrets.

Thanks for getting back to me, by the way.

Add Comment