User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 81.7K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

370 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm Icedhope.

One of the many wonderful mods you see running around on the boards, please behave..and for purposes to get your wonderful stay at the TTG Boards please follow these rules.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6356

and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask the ladies and gentlemen in grey, we will help you with problems.

oh yeah, about me..I'm a nice guy.

• RetroVortex here!

Like many here, I am a real Video Game enthusiast!

Been playing videogames since I was 5, and 15 years later I haven't stopped playing yet!

As a gamer, I don't have any particular loyalty to any company or game. I like to approach games with an open mind, so don't be suprised if you hear me talking about something obscure!

The community here is really active, but also really nice.
    Its a good balance. I used to hang out at The Escapist, but everyone there seems to want to out-talk the other, so some good conversations get lost.

I'm also a huge fan of Good Old Games, and I regularily post there.

Also, one day I kind of want to be making my own Video Games, but I tend to get too lazy or distracted, (trust me. I get very easily distracted. heck! I even managed to derail many conversations here with some abstract though of mine! XD), so I never get round to learning any code, or finishing any sprites, (I have loads of ideas though).

I also practice the Guitar. Take note of the word "practice", because I'm not very good at it. Been casually learning and playing for over a year now, and I can only barely play some simple videogame tabs!

Its not all about Video Games and Rock now. I do watch TV, surf the web in general, and I have watched a few animes and read a few mangas and comics in my lifetime, so don't go thinking I'm closed minded!

So yeah, thats pretty much all you need to know about me. Now little newblets! Share with us your origin stories!

• I'm georgec, apparently I'm a troll.
    I'm 18, and I work as an engineering apprentice at rolls royce gas turbines.
    I've always played games and play stuff from puzzle to fps.I've been skateboarding for about 3 and a half years and do a bit of skate photography and filming.

I play electric guitar and slide acoustic guitar, and I also design and build electronic circuits. Me and my dad share a hobby of motorsports and car mechanics. My favourite food is pizzas, I like trolling people on forums because I've always been a bit of a prankster IRL, I wouldn't call it being an asshole. I hate most mainstream music for the fact its the same old stuff as the next guy. Hmmmm, what else?

• Hiya, name is Mickey (by the way, not a dude, just to clarify).

I'm about two decades year old and have been playing games for as long as I can remember, earliest memory being the SNES. Also an avid movie watcher and a connoisseur for food of any kinds (New Year Resolution was to try new things. Why haven't I thought of that sooner?!)

I tend to be a hyper case too, but that's not a bad thing. I think. I become dead serious with work, but outside I'm a very social person. Which ends up being on the forums. (Irony!)

Came across Telltale back with season one of Sam and Max when I was being nostalgic with old Lucasarts Games and discovered to company via someone doing a Lets Play of the game, but haven't fully join till ToMI where I decided to stop being a stalker and just join the community. Best move I've ever done.

Currently enrolled in college that is teaching Game Art and Design. Two years in already and enjoying it greatly. And I'm hoping to work for Telltale sometime in the near future.

That should cover more or less about me.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Hey, I'm divisionten (d-10 or Div is just fine, too)!

I've actually been a fan of Telltale since they made the SBCG4AP game in '08, but I didn't stop lurking the site until early 2010. If you guys have any questions, or need any help, feel free to drop me a line.

• @divisionten said: Hey, I'm divisionten (d-10 or Div is just fine, too)!

I've actually been a fan of Telltale since they made the SBCG4AP game in '08, but I didn't stop lurking the site until early 2010. If you guys have any questions, or need any help, feel free to drop me a line.

Your sig rings a bell! What's it from?

• I forgot to mention, I also do flying lessons in a PA-28

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@GeorgeC said: Your sig rings a bell! What's it from?

Puzzle Agent.

• I'm Secret Fawful.

I am the greatest man alive. See my signature for popular opinion on me.

I love movies, music, video games, books, art, writing, anime, and talking. My favorite activities are drawing, talking, making fools of others, making jokes continually, playing games, watching anime, reading, and watching movies. I joined the forum as a fan of Monkey Island, and my favorite Telltale game overall is either Sam and Max: Season One, Tales of Monkey Island, or Puzzle Agent. My favorite single episode of a Telltale game is either Chariots of the Dogs from Sam and Max: Season Two, or Lair of the Leviathan from Tales of Monkey Island. My least favorite Telltale game is Back to the Future.

I started playing adventure games at the age of fourteen, the first of which was Escape From Monkey Island. My favorite adventure game is LeChuck's Revenge, and it's also my favorite video game. My first console was an Atari, and my favorite console is the Nintendo 64.

This is a great forum full of very nice people, so behave yourself and you'll fit right in. Actually, I'm lying about that. You'll have a ton of success here if you're as big of a dick as possible. Make fun of the mods a lot, and show rampant sexism toward the female members, and you'll be sure to become popular quickly.

Add Comment