User Avatar Image

Terry Pratchett's The Watch

posted by tredlow on - last edited - Viewed by 685 users

Haven't posted in a while, because my GOOD computer got broke, and I refuse to go to this forum until I've played the latest Telltale games, and I still haven't, but I'll get right around it once the computer gets better.

In the meantime, has anyone seen this? It's a discussion with Terry Pratchett about ideas for a TV show based on Discworld's City Watch series.

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hPnEk.jpg

I don't know if I can finish this video without needing to change my pants.

• :D

:D:D

:D:D:D:D

Yeah... that pretty much sums up my reaction to this.

:D

• BigAmericanParty.gif

The best news. Ever. CSI: Ankh Morpork? HELL YES. Now the important question: Where can they find a wretched enough looking human being to play Nobby?

• Coming to a television channel you can't recieve, soon......

• I watched the video this morning.

Anyone got any specific questions they want to ask about this, or anything else Discworld related? Terry Pratchett will be at the Australian Discworld Convention in a few weeks' time (and so will I) so I can probably arrange for your question to be asked (even if I don't get to do the asking personally).

I've already nominated the question "would you allow more computer games of Discworld to be made? Should they be adventure games?" so if that turns out to be a positive answer, we can all try and push Telltale to start talks with Terry's agents as a possible future project :)

• Last time I heard anything about Terry was when I heard he had...alzheimer? How is his health nowadays?

• @FitzoliverJ said: Coming to a television channel you can't recieve, soon......

Oh yeah... forgot that bit...

@FitzoliverJ said: I watched the video this morning.

Anyone got any specific questions they want to ask about this, or anything else Discworld related? Terry Pratchett will be at the Australian Discworld Convention in a few weeks' time (and so will I) so I can probably arrange for your question to be asked (even if I don't get to do the asking personally).

I've already nominated the question "would you allow more computer games of Discworld to be made? Should they be adventure games?" so if that turns out to be a positive answer, we can all try and push Telltale to start talks with Terry's agents as a possible future project :)

I want to be there, but saving for a trip to the UK in August (where they are not having a convention :() I'm hoping the Watch tv series might generate interest in a spin off game...

• @StarEye said: Last time I heard anything about Terry was when I heard he had...alzheimer? How is his health nowadays?

Well, I don’t think the disease has worsened significantly since he announced his diagnosis. From what I can tell, the disease hasn’t really affected him all that much intellectually, judging from recent interviews and speeches. I think the disease has affected his co-ordination, and he has to rely on his assistant (or voice recognition software) to write nowadays. But, from what I can deduce, he’s yet to really be affected by Alzheimer’s. I hope things continue in this way for some time.

He actually trialed the Alzheimer’s helmet for three months in 2009. Apparently it actually, in a very minor way, reversed some of the effects of the disease. Unfortunately, I haven’t heard much about the device since then. I’ve searched online to see if any further development has been made to the technology, and I occasionally look for Google News results… but find nothing :(. I’d like to know what ended up happening with it.

• @FitzoliverJ said: Coming to a television channel you can't recieve, soon......

And subsequently a streaming website on the internet, which everyone can view.

Add Comment