User Avatar Image

What does Speilberg think?

posted by Griffdude13 on - last edited - Viewed by 488 users

Excuse me if Spielberg has some involvement in the game, but if he doesnt, does anyone know if he's said anything about it? What do you think his impressions would be?

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If he has heard about it... I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't pay much attention to it.... I imagine at this point so much of his stuff gets worked on that news of something new would not be something he gets interested in.... I'm not saying he is a jerk or anything... its just probably something he is used to happening.

If he did make a comment I would totally be interested in what he said.... Dude is a living legend.

• He is a hard person to explain... basically, he is about as busy and as famous as the president of the US so even though Jurassic Park is probalbly his most successful franchise with Indy, he wouldn't be able to really comment. I wouldnt imagine that a man that amazing would have a second to breathe, although I do know for sure that he is a major gamer, or atleast he was around the year 2000. He is a great guy and he sure knows how to connect with his fans. I like his dream of the original Trespasser when he came to DreamWorks, that really showed how great of a person he is. He doesnt care about the money as much as the thrill that his fans get, just like Crichton... and the novel version of Hammond actually. Anyway, I do hope he personally does a project on Jurassic Park soon where he actually is a part of it. I know he isnt a part of this one, but Telltale does have some pretty good people at Universal to back them up so they shuld be fine. Good luck and thank you Telltale for our new Jurassic Park game!

• He owes all his success to a key sense of timing and he knows how to frame up complex action scenarios that make it easy for a viewer to follow...

• This game is important to the fans who are looking for Jurassic Park 4. I want him to notice, becuase that means he'll know that Jurassic Park isn't a dead franchise and that he could still make money off of it.

• I'm sure Steven Spielberg cares about all his films and wants them to remain successful, but without him being directly involved and with Michael Crichton not around anymore, the franchise just doesn't have that guiding hand like Star Wars does with George Lucas. There isn't anyone there to say, "I like this" or "no, this doesn't work with my story." I think that's what makes it so frustrating for the fans. Every time there is something new, we really don't know what to expect.

• @trocks said: I'm sure Steven Spielberg cares about all his films and wants them to remain successful, but without him being directly involved and with Michael Crichton not around anymore, the franchise just doesn't have that guiding hand like Star Wars does with George Lucas. There isn't anyone there to say, "I like this" or "no, this doesn't work with my story." I think that's what makes it so frustrating for the fans. Every time there is something new, we really don't know what to expect.

I agree, Spielberg was there during the creation of Jurassic Park: Trespasser, hell, it was his idea! That was a great project and would have been so revolutionary if it was successful, unfortunately, it didn't become what he wanted it to be. Later in his life, he became involved with even bigger projects and even more work than before so he isn't really available for that kind of "I like this" or "no, I don't" at this point in his life. Fortunately, Telltale's Jurassic Park team are not just a bunch of straight up fans of Jurassic Park, they are game designers and also understand the ENTIRE story of Jurassic Park it seems like. Hopefully I have put my money into the right hands and so far Telltale has made it seem like I have, keep up the good work guys!

@trocks said: This game is important to the fans who are looking for Jurassic Park 4. I want him to notice, becuase that means he'll know that Jurassic Park isn't a dead franchise and that he could still make money off of it.

My friend, I promise you that he never thought it was a dead franchise. Money has continued to flow into his pocket since 1993, he is just waiting for the right time. After JPIII, a Jurassic Park IV didnt seem like that much of a great idea, and maybe it isnt. We may never get a Jurassic Park IV, but im not complaining because I hope that it stays popular, whether that means not making a Part 4 ever or whether it includes making a Part 4. If they do make it though, I want Spielberg to do it and not Johnson so we can get the same feeling that we got when we sat in theater all of those years ago and saw that amazing Brachiosaur reach towards the branches of a tree, that one feeling that made us love this movie every day of our lives so far and that one moment that we realized that the world in so many aspects had changed because of the magic in that movie. That is the feeling that I want to get, and I dont care if that means never seeing a fourth movie. I just hope that if we dont see a fourth movie, that the franchise continues in game form for many years to come!

• That is the thing too... I know he has said plenty of times that he wants to visit JP again someday.. the dude just has so many other projects floating around in his head that it must be maddening not to have enough time to do it all in his life time.

• he said in an interview once he liked monkey island so theres no reason he wouldn't like this

• Steven Spielberg is interested in video games so I'm sure sometime after it's released he'll take a look at Telltale's JP. I'd be interested to hear his thoughts.

Add Comment