User Avatar Image

Netflix 1month free promotion for free S&M game

posted by zhead on - last edited - Viewed by 538 users

Hello,

First time posting, probably will never post again once this has been resolved.

Okay, I live in Canada and I saw a promotion for Sam and Max Devil's playground were given away for free as long as you begin a 1 month trial with netflix. I called netflix about the deal and rep said he has no clue about this promotion and told me to talk to you (Telltale games)

So my question is...

If my 1 month free trial for Netflix ended and I cancel my netflix account, do I lose my rights to play the games?

Here the page, not much there for details about it though

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-778

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No, once your one month trial has ended you keep the game.

Like Shodan said the game is permanent.

• Thanks guys, problem solved. I will get the trial for the free game

Mods: please close my account and delete my email address because I have no intention to post again.

• I processed the trial yesterday and still haven't gotten any e-mail about the game =(.

• I completed the trial offer two days ago, and have not received my free game. I have emailed Telltale support, but have not received anything in reply.

I have also emailed Trialpay support with my confirmation email. Waiting on a response from them too.

• @mebibyte said: I completed the trial offer two days ago, and have not received my free game. I have emailed Telltale support, but have not received anything in reply.

I have also emailed Trialpay support with my confirmation email. Waiting on a response from them too.

Unfortunately we can't view any parts of this offer. You'll need to speak with trial pay.

• @Amy Lukima said: Unfortunately we can't view any parts of this offer. You'll need to speak with trial pay.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have emailed TrialPay, so I will wait on their response. If I get nothing back, well, I guess I'll just live without Sam & Max for a little while longer.

• I also have not gotten the game, one of the fans posted on the blog saying that trial pay could not confirm that he had signed up for it and now he has to wait

3 to 5 days to get a response back

I know you can't view the other, but could you please get someone to look into it, as I feel like I have been fooled into getting one month free trial of netflix, and no game I was promised

Its great that I get a free game, and I guess I can wait, but if I have to wait another week when I was originally promised it one day after I had signed up, heads will roll!!

• can I get a real answer please? I have emailed trial pay and they said they would get back to me in SEVERAL DAYS and in that time I might get the game cause the offer ends April 4th and they said to another user :

"I have checked your customer log, and it appears that our system was unable to verify the Netflix offer you chose to complete. We are currently verifying your account information with Netflix. Due to a high volume of inquiries, someone from the TrialPay support team will be in touch with you within 3-5 business days regarding this matter.

I apologize for the delay you have experienced, but look forward to resolving this matter for you as soon as possible."

so trial pay more or less said that whenever they felt like fixing it for them. I understand that again teltale has said that they do not have control in this area, but its kinda like I got netflix saturday, they didn't bother to review intill a day later, and now they want me to prove that I did the netflix promotion and I have to wait 3-5 days after they tell me the exact same thing as the above person I mentioned, I know that I sound spolied here excepting to get it a day after, but your going to make me wait one week, and what happens if they can't figure out I did the offer when it expires, what I don't get the game

I just want an answers, I mean obviously trial pay hasn't said anything on the matter, and its getting to the point were I am wrongly blaming teltale for puting on there blog that I would get a free game, did anyone at all get the game, or is it just my bad luck

• @redakdal said: can I get a real answer please? I have emailed trial pay and they said they would get back to me in SEVERAL DAYS and in that time I might get the game cause the offer ends April 4th and they said to another user :

"I have checked your customer log, and it appears that our system was unable to verify the Netflix offer you chose to complete. We are currently verifying your account information with Netflix. Due to a high volume of inquiries, someone from the TrialPay support team will be in touch with you within 3-5 business days regarding this matter.

I apologize for the delay you have experienced, but look forward to resolving this matter for you as soon as possible."

so trial pay more or less said that whenever they felt like fixing it for them. I understand that again teltale has said that they do not have control in this area, but its kinda like I got netflix saturday, they didn't bother to review intill a day later, and now they want me to prove that I did the netflix promotion and I have to wait 3-5 days after they tell me the exact same thing as the above person I mentioned, I know that I sound spolied here excepting to get it a day after, but your going to make me wait one week, and what happens if they can't figure out I did the offer when it expires, what I don't get the game

I just want an answers, I mean obviously trial pay hasn't said anything on the matter, and its getting to the point were I am wrongly blaming teltale for puting on there blog that I would get a free game, did anyone at all get the game, or is it just my bad luck

They gave you a pretty clear answer. They're verifying the purchase with Netflix and this can take 3-5 days. When we verify information with third parties we have the same wait time.

I know waiting isn't fun but I don't have a way to speed up another company.

Add Comment