User Avatar Image

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

I know that we have a thread to facilitate this sort of discussion, and a place to vent our excitement for up coming movies. But I felt that this particular film deserves its own thread, seeing as how the majority of us here are highly anticipating its release - something I've deduced from the fact that about 90% of the posts in the 'Up Coming Movie Thread' have mentioned it. I'm referring, of course, to 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides':

On_Stranger_Tides_Poster.jpg

As the poster states, this will be released on May 20, which is under two months away! And, as though some fans weren't excited enough, a new trailer has now been released (though I do warn you that this trailer may contain what will perhaps be the best parts of the film).

151 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Icedhope said: The movie was awesome and it didn't disappoint me. I was happy.

Great to know. Going tomorrow to see it in IMAX 3D.

• I just saw it then, in 2D. I loved it; absolutely loved it. I went into it with a positive mindset, but had the lingering feeling that I might have to 'force myself' to enjoy it. Luckily this wasn't the case; it was genuinely enjoyable, to the degree that the "am I enjoying this?" thought completely left my mind.

I consider it on par with the first two films, and above 'At World's End'. I consider it a definite return to form.

• YAY!... I have not watched it yet.. but I totally respect Icedhope's, and Hayden's judgment on the matter.

• Seeing it today with my mom, who is also a massive Pirates fan. I just wish my Dad wasn't working so he could go with us, as he's the one who first went with me to see Pirates 1 so many years ago. That movie was so good, that we were blown away and Pirates has since become family tradition.

• I'm seeing it today as well. I wasn't so sure about the film given its current rating on Rotten Tomatoes but all the positive reviews from audience members (IcedHope & Hayden) have really got me revved up.

• @Martin McFly said: I'm seeing it today as well. I wasn't so sure about the film given its current rating on Rotten Tomatoes but all the positive reviews from audience members (IcedHope & Hayden) have really got me revved up.

Good, stay that way; you'll enjoy the movie more :)! And yeah, Rotten Tomatoes was originally what gave me my slight misgivings too, but as I've said, there was no need for me to worry at all.

• I saw it at midnight. It was really good. It started out a bit slow but once they got into the whole race to the fountain of youth story it got better. Black Beard was really cool and is perhaps the best Pirates Villian of the four films.

• I really want to see this, but I'll probably have to wait until next week because I have been booked straight through the weekend by my parents. Oh well, I waited years for this movie, I suppose I can wait a little longer.

• @Hayden said: I just saw it then, in 2D. I loved it; absolutely loved it. I went into it with a positive mindset, but had the lingering feeling that I might have to 'force myself' to enjoy it. Luckily this wasn't the case; it was genuinely enjoyable, to the degree that the "am I enjoying this?" thought completely left my mind.

I consider it on par with the first two films, and above 'At World's End'. I consider it a definite return to form.

I'd put Dead Man's Chest above it. It's at least as good as At World's End, but probably a little bit better since it wasn't as ridiculous.

• Well.... I really liked it but its tied with worlds end as my least favorite... The biggest thing it lacked was really memorable supporting characters.. all the leads were great though.

Add Comment