User Avatar Image

Launcher problem

posted by silence42 on - last edited - Viewed by 711 users

when I double click on the icon and the launcher comes up all i can see is the background picture with marty and the deloran...no episode names or button to start the game.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@silence42 said: when I double click on the icon and the launcher comes up all i can see is the background picture with marty and the deloran...no episode names or button to start the game.

Are you on a closed network? This exact problem happened to me when I was on my school's network last month. Unfortunately, the first time you log in it cannot be on a protected network like a school server.

• nope at home on my own wireless network

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@silence42 said: nope at home on my own wireless network

Then I'm moving this to Support to get the attention it needs.

• I had this problem for both episodes 2 and 3. I've just launched it after loading up the menu using the episode 1 .exe after installation of the newer episode and it's worked both times (I apologise if that's really jumbled--I'm tired and my brain no werk so gud).

• Can you try right clicking on the game icon and selecting run as admin?

• I'm now experiencing this problem - and Running as Administrator didn't help.

The first two episodes of BTTF worked fine when I first played them over the last few months. However, on the weekend I changed my TTG password at the website - so I'm thinking that might have something to do with it.

NOTE: I did try this with just Ep 2 installed - but the same problem persists with Ep 3 now installed.

The weird thing is, Poker Night at the Inventory (the other TTG game currently installed) worked fine and remembered I'd previously unlocked the game - no need to enter my new password.

• OK, managed to solve my issue! Not for the faint-hearted, though:

1. Run regedit.exe
    - If you've never ever done this before - STOP NOW. For advanced users only :p

2. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher

3. Delete the entries "id", "login", and "password"

4. Close regedit

5. Run the BTTF Launcher again, and enter your user name and password again

Bingo!

• @Molokov said: OK, managed to solve my issue! Not for the faint-hearted, though:

1. Run regedit.exe
    - If you've never ever done this before - STOP NOW. For advanced users only :p

2. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher

3. Delete the entries "id", "login", and "password"

4. Close regedit

5. Run the BTTF Launcher again, and enter your user name and password again

Bingo!

'

There's a way to do this for users of all levels:

At the login screen (where you enter your username and password after installing the game)

Type Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.

At least I think it does the same thing. I don't have a PC running windows to try both on right now.

But good job figuring that out! I was here for six months before someone told me about that trick.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Amy Lukima said: '

There's a way to do this for users of all levels:

At the login screen (where you enter your username and password after installing the game)

Type Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.

At least I think it does the same thing. I don't have a PC running windows to try both on right now.

But good job figuring that out! I was here for six months before someone told me about that trick.

Amy, and everyone else- the only problem with this fix is it actually resents the password on any and all TT games you own. So if you're on a closed network, like at school, and you try this method, you'll need new manual unlock codes for every single TT game purchased prior.

I know- it happened to me with the release of BttF 2.

• @divisionten said: Amy, and everyone else- the only problem with this fix is it actually resents the password on any and all TT games you own. So if you're on a closed network, like at school, and you try this method, you'll need new manual unlock codes for every single TT game purchased prior.

I know- it happened to me with the release of BttF 2.

Ah. Good point. I'll make sure to let everyone know that from now on.

Add Comment