User Avatar Image

Strong interest in Sam & Max

posted by Negatempest on - last edited - Viewed by 320 users

Okay, from what I have seen in trailers I REALLy want to get into this game. There is currently a sale for all 3 seasons, should I start from the beginning?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes. Yes you should. You'll love it.

• Players who stick through Season 1 through Season 3 get a bigger payoff, I think, at the end of Season 3. Just because of the closeness you get for the characters. Makes Season 3's ending more meaningful. But beyond that, there are a lot of references that might go over a person's head if they haven't played Season 1 and 2. Hell there's at least a few references in Season 3 that go back to Sam and Max Hit the Road.

• @Negatempest said: Okay, from what I have seen in trailers I REALLy want to get into this game. There is currently a sale for all 3 seasons, should I start from the beginning?

I'd recommend starting on Season 2 or 3, just because I feel like Season 1 is a bit rough (especially the first few episodes) compared to the later stuff. But it depends on how you get into other media. When someone recommends you a TV show or a comic, do you feel the need to start with the first episode/issue, or do you jump in to what's currently on?

• I feel that the time-traveling part on season 2 is quite confusing without playing season 1 first.

Plus you get introductions to the secondary characters, such as the soda poppers, etc.

I jumped in into the franchise (and the games) by playing Abe Lincoln Must Die! I was sort of confused but so entertained I didn't care. From there I took the plunge in proper order.

• Yeah.

PLEASE just get through episode 1. Maybe some people like it, I don't know a lot that do. I mean I do, but compared to later episodes it's pretty bland.

• I'd say start by playing Season 1. If you get bored and think it's annoying, skip to episode 4. If you still think it's annoying, skip to Season 2. If that's bad, skip to Season 3. If you're not the type to give up easily when you've already paid, no skipping.

There are an awful lot of us who thought Season 1 was awesome when it was all we had. Just don't expect to be wowed by special effects. :)

• I liked all the seasons. I thought each one of them had a special charm.

• The first few episodes of Season One are a bit weak, but everything onwards is brilliant.

• @DAISHI said:
    PLEASE just get through episode 1. Maybe some people like it, I don't know a lot that do. I mean I do, but compared to later episodes it's pretty bland.

I like it, too... >_> The salad shooter alone is so much fun, it should be illegal.

Um... anyways! The seasons do have continuity, so if that's important to you, start at the beginning. My first time around, I revisited Hit the Road, and then played Seasons 1-3 back-to-back. No regrets! I fell in love so hard I think I broke myself.

• Yeah I do like the first episode but (I feel) you can tell they're still finding ways to make the humor shine through. Plus I haaaate the Soda Poppers. They played better in the second season for me.

Add Comment