User Avatar Image

Re-release Surfin' the Highway book??

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 417 users

I never bought this book as a teenager, and ever since I have been going out of my mind to find a copy. I wish they would just rerelease it and make everyone happy.

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You're not the only one! I'm sure one will come along eventually - I doubt Steve Purcell really likes that his comics are out of print and unavailable for purchase, and a new series of games coming out (not to mention the new story being told in the webcomic) is a pretty good reason to re-release the collection. Who knows if there are any official plans in this regard (I sure don't!) but we can all keep our fingers crossed. My copy of the Surfin the Highway collection is a bit worn at this point from frequent reading, and I really want to replace it with something new and less collector-y :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I used to own a mint condition of this book but somehow I lost it! It's so damn frustrating, I think about it every time I read about Sam & Max. I really hope they will re-release it :(

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

C'mon Steve, get in on this one and make us all amazingly happy. In 1995 when the compilation came out I was 7 years old, and thus far too young to know about the awesome of Sam and Max. I just want a chance to make up for lost time here. My recent finding at a local comic book store of the Freelance Police Special #1 has only served to stoke the fires of my fandom. Bring on more Sam and Max!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

a re-release of the book would be great! I have a copy but it has been read to DEATH! I would love to have one that i could keep in good condition and read my other one to complete and utter ruin!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I'm glad I still got my copy..i've read it so many times over the years.. I think steves on record as saying he didnt want to re-release it until he had some new material to go with it.. a re-release to coincide with the new sam and max game would be perfect

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

still waiting!

edit: hey Hiero, have anymore lost sam & max episodes to put on youtube?

• [quote]edit: hey Hiero, have anymore lost sam & max episodes to put on youtube?[/quote]
    :-$ That's illegal. Anyway, YouTube will delete them anyway, sooner or later.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I happen to be one of the lucky people in posession of a copy of Surfin' the highway. I also have a copy of it loaded onto my computer. If anyone would like a copy, I could post it online at megaupload.com, and you can PM me if you want the link. I think the download is about 100 megs... (I assume this is legal, considering that the book is now out of print).

• [quote](I assume this is legal, considering that the book is now out of print).[/quote]

Nope, sorry, it isn't.

It's a nice offer, but we really can't let people pass around illegal copies of Steve's work here.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

OK, good to know...

Add Comment