User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 21.2K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sample, easy question (since I already wrote up the answer): Who is making the game?
    The project is being written and designed by Sean Vanaman (best known around these parts for writing and designing Wallace & Gromit: Muzzled, and writing and co-designing Tales of Monkey Island: Lair of the Leviathan), Chuck Jordan (lead writer, and lead designer of Sam & Max the Devil's Playhouse, writer/designer of Strong Badia the Free and 8 Bit is Enough, writer of Puzzle Agent 2, and a lot of other things), and me (maybe know as director on Lair of the Leviathan and Rise of the Pirate God, and director on Sam & Max: The City that Dares Not Sleep, also Telltale's community coordinator and UI/graphic designer for many years among other things). We also have a slowly increasing group of programmers ferreted away, and our art team (led by our art director, Derek Sakai) is currently busy drawing up a storm. So, as you can see, the team size is still small, but it will be growing at a surprising rate pretty soon, here!

Hopefully some or all of those folks will be around for me to harass into answering any questions we're allowed to answer :)

• That's just the sort of name-dropping I can get excited about!

• That's a slice of the season-wide crew. More writers and designers and directors (and all sorts of other folks) will come on board as it gets under way, of course.

• How much is the comic influencing the game?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Hey, Chuck Jordan is back for this? Good stuff.

Will you keep the same level of gore, or tone it down (or up!) for the game?

• If it is based off of the comics, will we be replaying key parts in the story, or will the comics be on hold for this story? Will we be with a whole new group?

• Oooh! SNAP! Now I can't wait for the game...but I do have to wait to read the comic book..so i can get caught up.

• @Icedhope said: Oooh! SNAP! Now I can't wait for the game...but I do have to wait to read the comic book..so i can get caught up.

Have you read it?
    I was pretty lucky finding the entire series(nice) so I can tell you it is defenently a good series.

Also, if you could at this stage, name one game that would be similar to this one(aka Jurassic Park is similar to Heavy Rain)

• Can you say please when we'll can see first screenshot(s) from the game? I can't wait to see what is like! :)

• The Walking Dead comic series have a q/a column with Robert Kirkman at the end of each issue.
    Are we going to have something similar to that for every TellTale episode? Like a podcast with Rob Kirkman answering questions a la Damon and Carlton in LOST?

Add Comment