User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 23.6K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • While the second game is in development.. Will you guys look at the ideas posted from people on the forums and possibly use those ideas if good enough?

• @Yertos said: It was never meant to be Christa, they changed a few things around in that trailer so we weren't already spoiled when we played it. Replace Christa with Katjaa and there ya go :)

hadn't thought about this in such perspective.
    Oh, that's really logically explains all.
    Thank you, Yertos!

• Can someone from Telltale talk about any cut content/deleted scenes/ideas that weren't used for the Season? The Walking Dead comic is releasing an entire book about cut content.

• @Yertos said: It was never meant to be Christa, they changed a few things around in that trailer so we weren't already spoiled when we played it. Replace Christa with Katjaa and there ya go :)

...That doesn't explain why Lee, Kenny AND Ben were standing there when she shot herself.

• @puzzlebox said: Season 2 will be a separate game - same as how if you see a movie at the theatre, you have to buy another ticket for the sequel. :)

Will the choices from Season 1 carry over into Season 2?

• User Avatar Image
    _BrYan_ Telltale Staff

@Chomposaur said: Can someone from Telltale talk about any cut content/deleted scenes/ideas that weren't used for the Season? The Walking Dead comic is releasing an entire book about cut content.

On Episode 1, there was a design where Lee had a more active role in the fortifying of the drugstore that we ended up cutting. One moment we planned that stands out in my mind is this:

Lee runs out of random things to whack zombies that are coming through the windows with, until he realizes that he's standing next to a large gumball machine (It's still there). The player would then hoist up the gumball machine and proceed to use it as a blunt weapon against the zombies for a couple hits, but we planned the final hit to cause the thing to bust open and send gumballs flying everywhere.

• after listening to all of the unused vocals, i imagine htere's tons of cut/unreleased scenes.

have you guys considered a "Game of the Year Directors Cut" edition?

• Are you guys planning on giving an update to the save games that are not being read problem?

It's been 2 months since any news has come out and everyone still can't play episode 5.

• You realize they have a tech support forum, right?

• @marcu5 said: after listening to all of the unused vocals, i imagine htere's tons of cut/unreleased scenes.

have you guys considered a "Game of the Year Directors Cut" edition?

Where did you listen to it?
    ingame archives?

want to hear/see Making of... commentary like valve did in HL2 is a dream.
    Wish to hear or see about the most memorable moments to the crew.

Telltale did you planned something like that?

OOPS.
    Found a Walking Dead game podcast, thread.

THANK YOU, TELLTALE!

This is exactly what i want to hear!

Add Comment