User Avatar Image

International Shipping Poll

posted by Amy Lukima on - last edited - Viewed by 151 users

We're going to be making some changes to our shipping methods so we can get items to you faster.

For those of you living outside the U.S. can you tell us if you prefer UPS or FedEx.

Thanks!

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm not international, but I have the feeling it's going to be "whichever is faster and cheaper."

In many countries, they just have to hand the packages off to the post office, anyway. Or DHL.

• FedEx, but it's much more expensive last time I checked =/

• I've no idea what the differences are between the two companies, to be honest. All I'm concerned about is whoever is cheapest and who, if either, is better at avoiding customs charges. It all comes through Royal Mail once it gets here anyway.

• I'm not international either, but I prefer UPS here. They're faster and seem to be more careful.

• I didn't vote because I don't know the difference between the two. I am willing to have longer postage time for cheaper rates. A week or two extra, not 3 months (oh surface mail, you torment me so...). So basically, whichever is cheapest...

• I'm in Italy, and I frankly would prefer USPS (U.S. Post Service, not UPS), since the main issue is not time but customs charges (and USPS deliveries seem to be less often charged then private couriers).

• I live in the Netherlands. But I have no idea which is faster/cheaper.
    The last time I checked the package came within 2 weeks from the shipping date, which was perfect for me.

• I have no experience with FedEx, but UPS is extremely inconvenient, as they only deliver during business hours here, and apparently don't get equipped with company cellular phones. I much prefer USPS, since it's cheaper and I can go pick up my package at my local post office when I have time.

• @Pinchpenny said: I've no idea what the differences are between the two companies, to be honest. All I'm concerned about is whoever is cheapest and who, if either, is better at avoiding customs charges. It all comes through Royal Mail once it gets here anyway.

Nahhh FedEx always send me out a guy in a van in my experience. fedEx for tracking abilities, but price is the main concern, I don't buy anything from the shop unless I really really want it and there's free shipping (which usually requires spending $50, and there's not $50 worth of stuff I want)

As such I still haven't claimed my ToMI DVD yet, which doesn't bother me, but it'd be nice to have

• I prefer regular mail. Otherwise, whichever is cheapest. Never noticed a difference between the two.

Add Comment