User Avatar Image

What to get next.

posted by jgbrunn on - last edited - Viewed by 160 users

I am fairly new to telltale games having only played the 3 back to the future episodes, puzzle agent, season 1 of sam and max and season 3 of sam and max. I love the telltale style and plan to try out some more games was just wanting some retrogradations for what to get next.

I am currently leaning toward Strong Bad's cool game for awesome people or Jurassic Park, strong bad's cool game for awesome people, or as a long time fan of the bone series one if not all of the bone games.

Obviously it is up to me and I need to make the decision, I am just wondering what you all would recommended.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If not Sam & Max season 2, then I'd go for Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Yeah, you don't mention Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (as it must henceforth be known), but I'd recommend that, since you have the other two.

Otherwise, Strong Bad!

• Strong bad is hilarious if you love www.homestarrunner.com but if not since you have played the other sam and max games Id get Sam and Maz season 2.

• I'll assume that since you didn't foam at the mouth and instantly throw your money at Telltale the moment you saw that there was a new Monkey Island game that you haven't played the originals.

They are not done by Telltale, but there are recent re-releases of The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2 and they're both about as good as the adventure genre gets.

• I'm looking forward to Jurassic Park but I have played almost every Telltale game in their library which isn't too large. All of their games are worth playing.

As for which to play next, I think Sam & Max season 2 (Beyond Time and Space)

If you want a break from S&M, then go with Strong Bad. However the game might be more fun if you're a fan of the website: www.homestarrunner.com. The humor may take a couple of toons to 'get.'

Wallace and Gromit is fun and entertaining as well. You don't have to be a fan of the films to enjoy them. There's only four episodes but contains more than a few head scratching puzzles.

Tales of Monkey Island is brilliant and one of my favorite games from Telltale, next two the Devil's Playhouse. If you liked Sam & Max, you'll love this as well. As Scnew mentioned, Lucasarts remade the first two games. Both can be found on Steam.

• So, wait.

You just skipped right over the best Sam and Max season?

• @Rather Dashing said: So, wait.

You just skipped right over the best Sam and Max season?

really everyone thinks season two is the best? i personally thought season 3 was the most epic

• I don't think "everyone" thinks anything, as a whole. I'm not sure what the numbers are, and I'm sure the third season has a good number of supporters, possibly more than Season Two. I don't deign to speak for anyone but myself.

• @Rather Dashing said: I don't think "everyone" thinks anything, as a whole. I'm not sure what the numbers are, and I'm sure the third season has a good number of supporters, possibly more than Season Two. I don't deign to speak for anyone but myself.

Mr dashing you are the only one who's opinion matters.

• @hamza721 said: really everyone thinks season two is the best?

@hamza721 said: Mr dashing you are the only one who's opinion matters.

You really like to talk in absolutes, don't you?

Add Comment