User Avatar Image

The Original 15 Nublar Embryos

posted by Cyberscribe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

When Nedry stole all 15 embryos which dinosaurs were they? I'm curious, When did the park brochure that included dinosaurs such as Baryonyx, Segisaurus, and Herrerasaurus appear on screen in the original movie? Because if it wasn't shown at all then wouldn't that bring into question the original 15 embryos? Help me out people what were they? And provide evidence if you can.

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cyberscribe said: When Nedry stole all 15 embryos which dinosaurs were they? I'm curious, When did the park brochure that included dinosaurs such as Baryonyx, Segisaurus, and Herrerasaurus appear on screen in the original movie? Because if it wasn't shown at all then wouldn't that bring into question the original 15 embryos? Help me out people what were they? And provide evidence if you can.

I'm not too sure on the list of the original 15 embryos (aside from the obvious ones of species seen in the movie), however I do know that they did make some spelling errors in a couple of the names.

As for the Brocures, you can see them in the main road scene when Grant is looking for something to distract the Rex from attacking the car Tim and Lex are in

• @Tyrannosaur87 said: I'm not too sure on the list of the original 15 embryos (aside from the obvious ones of species seen in the movie), however I do know that they did make some spelling errors in a couple of the names.

Well here's all I have so far.
    (Embryos that Nedry took seen on screen)
    1. Proceratosaurus
    2. Gallimimus
    3. TyranNosaurus Rex
    4. Velociraptor
    5. StegOsaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    (Dinosaurs seen in Park)
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    (Dinosaurs seen on Brochure)
    11. Baryonyx
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    (Dinosaurs introduced in canonical video games)
    14. Troodon

So basically for Tell-Tale to stay true to the movies they must use this list of dinosaurs plus one other dinosaur for the whole list to remain true to the Jurassic Park Lore. :cool:

• @Cyberscribe said: Well here's all I have so far.
    (Embryos that Nedry took seen on screen)
    1. Proceratosaurus
    2. Gallimimus
    3. TyranNosaurus Rex
    4. Velociraptor
    5. StegOsaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    (Dinosaurs seen in Park)
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    (Dinosaurs seen on Brochure)
    11. Baryonyx
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    (Dinosaurs introduced in canonical video games)
    14. Troodon

So basically for Tell-Tale to stay true to the movies they must use this list of dinosaurs plus one other dinosaur for the whole list to remain true to the Jurassic Park Lore. :cool:

So excluding the Troodon, which is an unknown species on the island (hopefully it's creation is explained, as it is a little hard to believe that someone would miss a creature like that being cloned) that leaves us with two other species to work with, since we're not going off of the novel.

• @Tyrannosaur87 said: So excluding the Troodon, which is an unknown species on the island (hopefully it's creation is explained, as it is a little hard to believe that someone would miss a creature like that being cloned) that leaves us with two other species to work with, since we're not going off of the novel.

Fair enough. I do hope that they explain Troodon, maybe it's Biosyn's secret weapon lol :rolleyes: but personally I think that Pteranodon is the next best bet. Considering that they are mentioned in the Original movie.. but only for a split second on the advertisement from Hammond while they are all eating lunch and only by an obscure reference of "majestic winged dinosaurs".

• Was there an aviary in the movie cannon? If so, Pteranodon.

• @AndyCullen said: Was there an aviary in the movie cannon? If so, Pteranodon.

I don't think there was one in the movie. In the novel, yes. In the film, I don't think so.

• Here is the list of dinosaurs found on Isla Nublar on according to JPLegacy: http://www.jplegacy.org/index2.php?load=encyc/slnublar.shtml

• @Tyrannosaur87 said: I don't think there was one in the movie. In the novel, yes. In the film, I don't think so.

On Sorna, not on Nublar.

• @evolution_rex said: Here is the list of dinosaurs found on Isla Nublar on according to JPLegacy: http://www.jplegacy.org/index2.php?load=encyc/slnublar.shtml

Well that's probably going to change soon.

• @AndyCullen said: Was there an aviary in the movie cannon? If so, Pteranodon.

The aviary is mentioned (and shown during the slideshow) during the lunch debate scene, though it is not certain if any pteranodons were actually on Nublar yet at that point.

It is also argued by some that baryonyx may actually have been spinosaurus, misidentified.

Add Comment