..if they had a bit more money and time spent on them
The CSI games have always been a bit of a dirty gaming secret for me. I have played all the telltale ones and enjoyed them, but at the same time painfully aware they are lacking in several areas.
I love the concept and I think with a few changes they could be fantastic.
1. Full 3d movement. Let me walk around the crime scene looking for the evidence rather than just wafting the mouse cursor about looking for hotspots. Let me walk around the CSI builidng to, into Brass' office and down to the lab, etc.
2. Give me full access to the detection tools. In the crime scenes let me choose any tool and try it. I want to know what each tool does and work out myself what one to use. Maybe i could have a whole briefcase full of tools and take out the one i want. At the lab let me put the evidence in the machines, etc.
3. Don't use the same structure for every case. 3 suspects, one body etc. The last case in FC was different and much more exciting for it.
4. More links between cases and an greater overall story arch with twists and turns.
5. Improve the graphics. Come on guys, its 2011.