User Avatar Image

A Sneak Peek at Telltale's Future Projects?

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 585 users

I found this article talking to Telltale CEO Dan Connors. Pretty interesting read, but this is the big part for me.

"Right now, we're looking at movies that are coming out in the next 12-18 months and looking at the cartoon series as far as what we're going to [do next]," says Connors. "We capture comedy in such a way that the South Parks, Simpsons and Family Guys of the world seem perfect for us. That's something we're always thinking about [though no deals have been struck]."

This isn't an official announcement for anything, of course, but make of it what you will.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh god, I remember back when Puzzle Agent was nearing release and they said they were looking at Phoenix Wright-style properties.

  • I think what he meant to say was "We're going to make whatever we think requires the least effort and has the highest profit margins. Marketplace realities seem to indicate that our next title would preferably be a Star Wars game."

  • @SHODANFreeman said: I think what he meant to say was "We're going to make whatever we think requires the least effort and has the highest profit margins. Marketplace realities seem to indicate that our next title would preferably be a Star Wars game."

    I'm not worried about "the death of Telltale" happening anytime soon (though if they actually do make a Star Wars game I'm going to be pissed as hell), but I do wish they wouldn't be so afraid to do non-licensed games. I get that pre-existing names get more attention than original ones, but wouldn't it be great to have some pre-existing names to call your own?

    To date, Telltale's only original IPs are Telltale Texas Hold 'Em (which was just a crappy engine demo they decided to sell) and Puzzle Agent (which they don't give the same amount of respect as they do for their licensed games. And since it's based off Grickle, even this is semi-derivative).

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Puzzle Agent (which they don't give the same amount of respect as they do for their licensed games. And since it's based off Grickle, even this is semi-derivative).

    It's no more their IP than Sam and Max was Lucasarts' IP. It's a licensed title like everything else they've made, the only difference is that Grickle isn't as "big" of a license, and that the license holder happens to be a former TTG employee.

  • Doesn't it say Telltale owns Puzzle Agent in the title screen? My memory might be fuzzy.

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Doesn't it say Telltale owns Puzzle Agent in the title screen? My memory might be fuzzy.

    At best, they own the title Puzzle Agent and the characters created for the game. The game uses the Grickle license, so anything pre-existing in the Grickle world, such as the hidden people, still belongs exclusively to Graham Annable.

  • Bout damn time they did Futurama.

  • They should make a game based on the forums. Of course they could never do so and all the conflicting IPs would ruin it, but it'd be a blast, I'm sure.

Add Comment