User Avatar Image

Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Since the release discussion threads have gotten long and difficult to slog through, here is everything you need to know:

Q: Why is JP being delayed?
A: We'll be honest, even the mods don't know that stuff. What we DO know is that this decision was made with the utmost desire to please the fans, hoping to release it better than before.

Q: When's the release?
A: Fall '11

Q: Console release?
A: Also, Fall '11. Release is simultaneous. Note that the original console release was intended to be Fall '11, so the console release will see no change in timeframe.

Q: I don't want a refund. I just want the game.
A: It's difficult to do this case by case. Everyone gets a refund.

Q: How do I get my refund/free game coupon?
A: Keep an eye on your email. (Check your spambox, too)

Q: Is it one or the other?
A: No. You get a FULL REFUND for JP AND a voucher good for any full Telltale season or a single game- your choice on what to use the voucher on.

Q: What can I use the free game coupon on?
A: Any full TT game, current or FUTURE. Yes, THIS INCLUDES JP, FABLES, OR ANY OTHER NOT-YET-RELEASED TITLE. The free game coupon does not expire. Anyone who preordered JP can use the coupon to get it free of charge.

Q: Long story short- I preordered JP. I get my $30 returned AND a voucher. I can then turn around and use that voucher to buy JP- so I can get JP for free?
A: So long as you use the voucher for JP, yes.

Q: Insider Forum?
A: Will remain open.

Q: New preorders?
A: TT will let you know when preorders will start again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions here.

207 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • well even if that's the case, at least the game itself isn't exclusive...I'm sick and tired of that nonsense. Smaller developers that pick a console to program for, I understand, but major releases that sign huge deals to only provide to one console is garbage and just angers people

• I have a feeling my computer will die with the enhanced graphics. Even if i put it on low.

• @_djs_ said: It's a joke, right???

We will have to wait 5 months to play the and they get it all at once!?!?

Now we all now why was the game delayed cof::cof xbox cof::cof €€

I doubt it. Microcash probably forced Telltale into doing that deal. But i think the PC gamers will get something the Xsucks users wont.

• @Faceslasher said: I doubt it. Microcash probably forced Telltale into doing that deal. But i think the PC gamers will get something the Xsucks users wont.

All the hate on Xbox 360 users and Microsoft wouldn't change anything, you'll still get a graphically superior product (If you have a new/strong computer) as always and a higher chance of getting your game fixed quickly bearing any unforeseen consequences.

We 360 users deserve something special having been left out of the Telltale loop for nearly two years now...

• @Taylor Mcknight said: for the record, the people who work at the consoles are probably the nicest, most down to earth, humble human beings on the planet. Like when PSN went down, and i called about it 10 times in one day, and that nice man told me to go (boink) myself.....i remember hanging up and thinking how nice it was for him to offer me an alternative activity to pass the time.

genuine human beings.

I'd tell you to do the same if you called 10 times in one day.

• In addition, Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a "retail release containing the full series on disc." On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher, which is in the middle of a series based on Back to the Future and is working on a Walking Dead title.

• I'm really annoyed about the whole delay, the more I think about it everything smells like forced by Microsoft.

All the episodes from day one, that's one heck of a service for a secondary port.

And the pre-orders refunded. Looks like they want to give all former pre-orderers the chance to buy the Xbox-version instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be any exclusive material in the preorder-forum just that MS can put a fancy bonus-content section on the disc.

• Is there an expiration date on the gift code that was given for Jurassic Park pre-orders due to the delay? I searched the stickied thread but couldn't find a reference.

• It doesn't expire.

That is if you haven't used it.

Add Comment