User Avatar Image

Worst Levels You've Ever Encountered

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

In almost every game (mostly action or platformer games) there's always that one level that we dislike, hate or absolutely despise. It's the one that thought was crap upon our first playthrough, and it's the one we dread upon each replay. It might have caused you immense frustration and made you tear out your hair, it might have seemed almost impossible, it might have been one of those levels that presents a problem that seems to have no solution whatsoever, it might have been poorly designed, it might have been annoying, or you might've just plain not liked it for your own personal reasons. For whatever reason it may be, we all have levels that we hate and wish never existed.

So share your tales of frustration here, tear your least favourite levels to shreds, nitpick, explain why these levels were so terrible, and criticize and abuse the designers of said levels (whoever they may be).

99 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Water Temple.

As obtuse a puzzle as I ever saw. Was the game that forced me to reset and start over, because I was entirely sure I'd used a key in the wrong place and ended up with no ability to make forward progress. Lately I've heard I was wrong, but I hear different information on that. Anyway, it sucked.

• Water Temple in OoT as stated earlier... dear god the nightmares I have with that temple...

And to beat the rush: Psychonauts' Meat Circus. Trying.... so hard.... to not rage....

• Several of the levels in South Park for the N64 (the FPS one)... those levels were just so extremely bland and dull.

• The huge underwater level with the submarine in Earthworm Jim. I was never able to play through it as a kid. When I was too fast the glass would break, when I was too slow I wouldn't be able to get to the next oxygen refill point.
    I did conquer it about 8 years ago, but it still haunts me...

• @Joop said: The huge underwater level with the submarine in Earthworm Jim. I was never able to play through it as a kid. When I was too fast the glass would break, when I was too slow I wouldn't be able to get to the next oxygen refill point.
    I did conquer it about 8 years ago, but it still haunts me...

That level is nothing compared to the Peter Puppy level.
    Now that level was just EVIL!!! :mad:

• [quote=retrovortex;494333]that level is nothing compared to the peter puppy level.
    Now that level was just evil!!! :mad:[/quote]

eff that level

• I didn't get stuck in the OoT Water Temple, albeit I did have a strategy guide at hand. It was certainly annoying though.

World 8-3 on Super Mario Bros. ...stupid hammer bros. I hate them.
    World 8-1 on Super Mario Bros. 3 ...cannons, cannons everywhere.

• @RetroVortex said: That level is nothing compared to the Peter Puppy level.
    Now that level was just EVIL!!! :mad:

That's the problem. I don't even remember the Peter Puppy level that well.
    I've only seen it once or twice.

• Tetris level 13.

I'll be seriouser when I get home from school

• @Chyron8472 said: I didn't get stuck in the OoT Water Temple, albeit I did have a strategy guide at hand. It was certainly annoying though.

World 8-3 on Super Mario Bros. ...stupid hammer bros. I hate them.
    World 8-1 on Super Mario Bros. 3 ...cannons, cannons everywhere.

I remember beating SMB3 with game genie and kept wondering on the cannon level how it's possible to do it without cheating.

Add Comment