User Avatar Image

Walking Dead game podcast, a test!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

So, we're trying something new!

Walking Dead game designers Sean Vanaman and myself have recorded "Episode 0" of a Walking Dead-releated Telltale podcast. We want you to check it out!

-----

Telltale Games' Walking Dead Video Game Development Podcast, Episode 0:
Patient Zero - or - "I Bet a Kid Could Choke on a Duplo"

In this episode: We meet Robert Kirkman and live to tell you about it (though Jake's love of Mario Sunshine wasn't as lucky), the team stops a global pandemic in board game form, and some building blocks are laid down which, in the wrong hands, could end a life. Also answered: Your questions!

Listen here!

-----

Some notes up front!
Our goal with the podcast is to give you guys a regular window into the making of the Walking Dead game -- both the development process of the game, and the types of things we and the team are thinking about and playing while making it -- and also to have a bit of a conversation back-and-forth with the forums. To that end, you guys might recognize a few questions from the mysterious Questions for the Team thread!

This is definitely a test episode -- it was recorded in a kitchen, so audio quality is a bit funky and echoey. If you guys like it and we do more of them, future casts will definitely be recorded in a space that isn't echo city.

Enjoy! Give it a listen and discuss below.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh man, finally a Telltale podcast! Featuring two thumbs, no less. And Kirkman as a guest. This is beyond awesome. I'm drowning in work at the moment, but I'll give it a listen as soon as I can (probably somewhere tomorrow). I hope my questions are in there somewhere.

Seriously, this could turn out to be the best thing ever. Thanks for doing this!

• @Tjibbbe said: Oh man, finally a Telltale podcast! Featuring two thumbs, no less. And Kirkman as a guest. This is beyond awesome. I'm drowning in work at the moment, but I'll give it a listen as soon as I can (probably somewhere tomorrow). I hope my questions are in there somewhere.

Seriously, this could turn out to be the best thing ever. Thanks for doing this!

Kirkman isn't a guest! We talk about our first meeting with him but we weren't cunning enough to record it. Doing an episode with Kirkman would be fun, though.

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

@Jake said: Kirkman isn't a guest! We talk about our first meeting with him but we weren't cunning enough to record it. Doing an episode with Kirkman would be fun, though.

Thirty minutes of him berating you for having crappy taste in video games would make for excellent radio.

• Awesome! I'll have to listen to it tomorrow in my drive into work though.
    I have been hoping Sean and Jake would start a podcast of some type.

• If it's any consolation to you Jake, I actually enjoyed Mario Sunshine more than Mario 64 (and yes, I'm old enough to have played both games when they just came out, which probably means I shouldn't be allowed to play videogames). I always thought of Mario 64 as a bit of an ugly, awkward game that I should like, but didn't for some reason. I really enjoyed playing Sunshine at the time though, although I wouldn't call it love. I don't think I should replay it now, because I've got a feeling it wouldn't hold up very well.

Anyway, this should be a discussion about Walking Dead and about the podcast, between people who actually have time to listen to it, so I'll shut up now. I'll be back when I've cast your pod in my ears.

• @seanvanaman said: Thirty minutes of him berating you for having crappy taste in video games would make for excellent radio.

Whats wrong with Mario Sunshine?
    EDIT:Hmm I seem to be having problems with loading this. Any suggestions?
    EDIT2:I got it working.

• @Gman5852 said: Whats wrong with Mario Sunshine?

Nothing...unless he pulled stuff out of his ass.

• FINE!!!... I will stop listening to the Foo Fighters album so I can listen to this I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY :p

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

@Irishmile said: FINE!!!... I will stop listening to the Foo Fighters album so I can listen to this I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY :p

I cannot, in good faith, endorse that course of action. The Foo Fighters>Us.

Add Comment