User Avatar Image

PS3 & Xbox 360 releases

posted by Reznor2112 on - last edited - Viewed by 776 users

So with the news of these both being signed to the consoles, I'm curious as to whether or not they will be physical releases or digital.

The state the PLaystation Network is in, seems it may not be a digital release for PS3.

Can anyone confirm this? :confused:

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • According to a GameSpot article citing a Telltale announcement, Xbox 360 will have a retail release of a full game, ie. all 5 episodes together. The other platforms will get episodic releases. It doesn't say whether the PS3 version will be retail or PSN, but I'd have to guess the latter since it's episodic. PC/Mac version will probably be what it always was, episodic releases with a disc released after the season is over.

link

• [quote=thom-22;496444]according to a gamespot article citing a telltale announcement, xbox 360 will have a retail release of a full game, ie. All 5 episodes together. The other platforms will get episodic releases. It doesn't say whether the ps3 version will be retail or psn, but i'd have to guess the latter since it's episodic. Pc/mac version will probably be what it always was, episodic releases with a disc released after the season is over.

link[/quote]

qft! One more reason to be a 360 user.

• @Asian Inferno said: qft! One more reason to be a 360 user.

Please note we get the game earlier due to episodes. Granted 1/5 of the game at a time, but we still get it earlier. Of course if you can wait at least 5 more months, then go ahead.:D

• @Gman5852 said: Please note we get the game earlier due to episodes. Granted 1/5 of the game at a time, but we still get it earlier. Of course if you can wait at least 5 more months, then go ahead.:D

Are you sure about that? They said simultaneous release. It would be strange to say that if they didn't mean that X360 gets the full game at the same time the other platforms get episode 1.

• @Gman5852 said: Please note we get the game earlier due to episodes. Granted 1/5 of the game at a time, but we still get it earlier. Of course if you can wait at least 5 more months, then go ahead.:D

PC/Mac & PS3 are getting it simultaneously as the Xbox 360 version, you'll get Episode 1 day and date with the 360 Retail Package (Episode 1-5).

Most likely has to do with a clause on the deal with Telltale and Microsoft. Gotta swing something exclusive their way! :D

• That's sure what it's looking like isn't it.

• To me it looks like even the PC/Mac version won't be a straight forward normal episodic release.

• @Johro said: I don't see them releasing the whole thing on xbox before the PC.... Doesn't mean it wont happen, but I'll be REALLY surprised if it does.... I know what gamespot says..but I would rather see the actual announcement.

Why? They've released other games on PC before console. What besides "tradition" would keep them from doing it the other way round? Lots of game companies that primarily sold for PC in the past now place more emphasis on their console versions.

I too would like to see Telltale's actual announcement, but it's not just GameSpot. Here's IGN's article, quoted below with emphasis added.

Telltale Games today announced Jurassic Park: The Game is now coming to Xbox 360 this fall, in addition to the previously announced PlayStation 3 and PC versions.

The full series of the game will be available on a retail disc in North America, marking the first time Telltale publishes a Xbox 360 title.

Telltale announced earlier this week it delayed the PC release of Jurassic Park: The Game on PC from April until this coming fall.

EDIT: Here's Giant Bomb's article; they're as confused as we are and have asked for clarification.

• Yeah, that's why I deleted it. I was suspicious of Gamespot cutting little quotes in, but I did find the same thing on articles from ign, psu, etc etc and yep, that's pretty much what they say. Apparently, nothing has been said one way or another about a PS3 disc release though... so who knows.

• deleted response to an edited post -- quit doing that, Johro. :D

Add Comment