User Avatar Image

What Style Of Game

posted by Jwab on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Pretty self-explanatory and apologies if I've missed it announced anywhere but what type of game are we expecting for Fables? Similar to any other TTG properties or something completely new?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We don't know anything about Fables right now except "It exists." And with so much stuff in 2011 for Telltale to promote, I suspect we won't hear anything about Fables until...I'll say fall at the earliest.

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

Here's a question for you.. what style of game play would you WANT it to be?

• Some kind of adventure game would be OK, but I know someone who wants to play it, but doesn't like adventure games.

• User Avatar Image
    Lex

Keep on doing what you guys at Telltale are good at: Adventure games that tell original stories with existing properties.

• Adventure game.
    Big and without bugs.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Bloody Eugene said: Adventure game.
    Big and without bugs.

What about with Big Guys who Eat Bugs?

Just sayin',
    Mike "Rifling Through His Back Issues" Stemmle

• I often advocate for properties to be made into non-adventure games, but this probably should be. I've only read the first few trades, so I don't know if there are elements later on that could be better used for action games.

What I would say is that I'd rather see original stories than basing stories and puzzles directly off of arcs from the comics. Whether that means side stories, "sequels", prequels, non-canonical stories from a slightly different universe, I don't know. The idea of playing through a story I've already read isn't appealing to me.

• Out of all the properties acquired by TTG games recently (other than KQ of course) Fables is probably the most suited to a classic-style adventure game. Certainly more-so than BttF and Jurassic Park. There are tons of interesting characters and settings already established and available for use, not to mention that the whole first volume was basically solving a mystery.

• An adventure with a nice switching of environment would be cool, you could switch between fabletown, the farm, homeworld, arabia/arabic fable town etc etc. It would also be a lot of fun to have more than one controlable fable, to add to more challenging puzzles. i.e. use the fables abilities to come up with solutions, it would also be fun to have more than one solution to a puzzle, say bigby would solve it differently than snowwhite for example. And than as finale some big ensemble solution to a big puzzle.

As for style I think you would have to go 'realistic' in appearance.

• @bosbeetle said: An adventure with a nice switching of environment would be cool, you could switch between fabletown, the farm, homeworld, arabia/arabic fable town etc etc. It would also be a lot of fun to have more than one controlable fable, to add to more challenging puzzles. i.e. use the fables abilities to come up with solutions, it would also be fun to have more than one solution to a puzzle, say bigby would solve it differently than snowwhite for example. And than as finale some big ensemble solution to a big puzzle.

As for style I think you would have to go 'realistic' in appearance.

Yes! Yes! and Yes! This! (Maniac-Mansion-syle.)

Add Comment