User Avatar Image

Jp 4

posted by SeanJP on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @SeanJP said: Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

In my opinion, we are likey to see a second Captain America before the production of JP4 starts.

• @jpsandhu said: In my opinion, we are likey to see a second Captain America before the production of JP4 starts.

U might have a point. But if JP4 ever happens i want speilberg behind it, because if we rake a stroll down memory lane the third one sucked that is my opinion. I liked the first and second.

• @jpsandhu said: In my opinion, we are likey to see a second Captain America before the production of JP4 starts.

Agreed.

• I have to say, if they do make another Jurassic Park, I truly hope that Joe Johnston has nothing to do with it. His work is shoddy at best, as it lacks any kind of spark, personality or style.

• IMHO, if they make another Jurassic Park movie, it should be a reboot that goes closer to current scientific data and also follow closer to the novel. Only character I think should be more like the first JP movie version would be John Hammond. I didn't like him in the novel.

• @Shadowknight1 said: IMHO, if they make another Jurassic Park movie, it should be a reboot that goes closer to current scientific data and also follow closer to the novel. Only character I think should be more like the first JP movie version would be John Hammond. I didn't like him in the novel.

same here:(

• We could only be so lucky.

Not sure what the hold up is, though. Jurassic Park is a very successful franchise with a proven track record of making money. As long as the project is well funded (what financier wouldn't want to back a JP movie?), the potential is endless.

Personally I think the success or failure of a new JP movie at the box office revolves solely around a compelling plot, tremendous acting/dialogue, and a familiar cast of characters. (hmm, did I just describe the needs of any successful movie?)

There are so many different approaches that could be taken:

- The worst idea imaginable would be a sequel in which dinosaurs have gotten off the island. I think this semi-logical concept has been fleshed out in several rejected scripts in the past. No matter how good you tried to make it, it would lose all the spirit of Jurassic Park, and just be people vs. monsters flick.

- Other ideas involve sequels that borrow unused ideas from Michael Chrichton's brilliant The Lost World novel. The overall idea was already worked into the movie, but more than half of the book was left out to accommodate a 2 hr movie. Even with the bits that were further used to populate JP 3 (unsuccessfully).

OP: The question I ask myself when thinking about what could make a great JP 4 is, "What mystery is left? What is missing from the known canon, that holds the most interesting details."

One thing comes to mind. Wu, and the making of Jurassic Park.

When I read (and re-read, and re-read) The Lost World, to me the most FASCINATING parts are learning about every little thing that went into the creation of the park's most valuable assets..the dinosaurs. The beginning, middle, and end of the Site B facility (as well as the creation of isla Nublar facility) must be riddled with awesome events:

-breaking ground.
    -first successful dinosaur hatching.
    -raising the first infants.
    -problems with the early batches.
    -the growing of the operation into a massive park at site A and huge production line at site B.
    -planning to deal with adult dinosaurs.
    -the delusion of success.
    -releasing the juveniles into the wild on site B.
    -eventual break down and abandonment of the site B facility, which occurred shortly after the disaster at Jurassic Park.

I think there is a lot there, and B D Wong could be a leading actor if he's available/interested.

• It`s clear Universal has zero interest in resurrecting Jurassic Park just for one film. It`s too risky of an investment, especially for a 20 year old franchise.

A new trilogy, however, shows lots of promise financially and Universal knows this. The only problem is the story. The writers just dont have any material strong enough to support the longterm, and that is where the problem lies. Not whether or not they can make a sequel, but how can they make several sequels, with lasting appeal.

• Sorry to say, but I think the movie franchise is pretty much dead now...Survival movies dont make the big bucks.

• I wouldn't say its dead. I'm sure if a Jurassic park 4 was released it would still bring in the big bucks. As long as they have great special effects and dino action with an awesome trailer to back it up people will flock to see it.

However, if they want the movie to actually be good they'll have to go in a diffrent direction then the movies seem to be going. I personally wouldn't want a reboot. It's too early for me to want that. But I wouldn't mind if they took the same approach that TellTale did and have a story that took place inbetween the films. Or if they did continue onward at least keep it on the islands and use some plots there were in the Novels.

Add Comment