User Avatar Image

hey released my first novel today..

posted by Hero1 on - last edited - Viewed by 343 users

not sure how Emily's book is going..but man what an investment of time..

anyway this is a little self promotion.. but I thought the kind of audience on this site may be interested..

It's called Social Media Murder

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005012AAC

A man attends a social media event in real life and ends up dead. The detectives are drawn into this new digital frontier and discover they must use social media to solve the murder.
This is neo noir. A classic detective novel set in a world that we have never seen before. Where technology keeps us constantly connected and our lives are broadcast instantly to the world. Its current, relevant and required reading for those who know nothing about social media, and for those who are completely addicted.

available for the kindle.. & if you get the kindle app - the ipad,iphone,android,pc,mac

anyone else released any books here? I'd like to check out some other people's work too

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sounds interesting! I might check it out if my money problems end anytime soon.

And I'm a published author myself. There's a link to my book's Amazon page in my sig. I actually started writing my second book a couple of days ago!

• I currently have about 10 books in my reading backlog, but I'll definitely check it out if I remember.

• Wow! Congratulations dude! :D

All my writings can be called scripts or theatre plays...but not books. :) Not yet anyway.

How did you get it published? Maybe one day I'll be able to write something good and publish it like you did. I understand it is Kindle-only. Is that a first step towards actual-book-with-covers-and-papers?

• Sounds very interesting! My writing dropped off years ago, but this year I became interesting in publishing ebooks vs paper books. I started writing again, but life interferes. I'm in awe of anyone who can complete a writing project - novels, scripts etc.

• I'm sticking with just a digital only release.. I mean that's the audience for this thing anyway.. Good to see some fellow writers out there.. I'm gonna check out your book RAnthony! looks awesome and you are only 19? damn!

• Mary Shelley were 19 when she wrote Frankenstein ...

• EXCELLENT! How socially relevant!

• @Hero1 said: I'm sticking with just a digital only release.. I mean that's the audience for this thing anyway.. Good to see some fellow writers out there.. I'm gonna check out your book RAnthony! looks awesome and you are only 19? damn!

Well, 20 now, but I was 19 when it came out. I wrote most of the book at 17, though. (And I'm a little worried it shows. :rolleyes:)

• Congrats! Feels nice to be done, doesn't it?! :D

After much revision my first book (which is what I was working on when I left Telltale) is as done as it's going to be, for now. I'm going the traditional publishing route -- which unfortunately means "marketplace realities" -- so for various reasons that book is currently on the (virtual) shelf and I'm working on a new one. It's taken about a year for me to really figure out what it's about but I feel like I'm cooking now, which is exciting.

It'll probably be years before it's truly finished, but hey, if I was looking for an easy gig then I'm in the wrong line of work. ;)

Add Comment