User Avatar Image

Higher soundquality anytime soon?

posted by spett on - last edited - Viewed by 388 users

As much as i love the new Sam & Max-series, i'm having trouble enjoying the game fully due to the terrible voice-compressions.

It litteraly makes my ears bleed and it takes away awfully much of the joy in playing. I know that many people before me have complained about the very low sound bitrate, but still Telltale keeps releasing Episodes in the same state.

When will we get a better voice compression? I've bought the whole Season but i don't want to ruin the experience by playing through it in it's current, unfinished, state. :(

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It literally makes your ears bleed? Ouch.

• [quote]I know that many people before me have complained about the very low sound bitrate, but still Telltale keeps releasing Episodes in the same state.[/quote]

We've said elsewhere on the forum that releasing higher-quality audio versions is we'll consider doing after Season 1 is finished.

• Ooh, Bloody Ears. That sounds like a good name for one of those Alternative Rock bands. I can see it now.

Random announcer guy: And now, Bloody Ears will be performing their smash hit single, "Hemorrhage"!

*the combined sound of loud instruments and death-metal-style screaming causes the audience's collective heads to explode*

Heh heh heh...that'd be awesome.

• Death-metal noise is a leading cause of brain damage. ;)

• @AdamG said: Death-metal noise is a leading cause of brain damage. ;)

Why do all people hate Metal? :(

• why does everyone always complain about the sound? i think it is fine for a downloadable game

i have heard worse sound from a game that came on cd............. martin mystere anyone? at least the audio tracks make sence... and... do... not... have... pauses... between... each... word... like... this

and i am sure that telltale will use the original audio files when they release the disc version of the game.............. anyone here play the csi game they did last year? i think that bitrate was excellent for a packaged game on a cd with 80% of the game being dialoge based (which sam and max also is)

• I feel left out. I don't know if my speakers are crappy, or if my hearing isn't tat good, or what, but the dialog sounds crisp and perfectly fine to me. :(
    Better upgrade my sound system so things can sound worse for me too... I wonder how much that will cost...

• a speaker system that makes sam and max sound crappy.............. that will be 100 million dollars :rolleyes:

• I've heard from a little bird, that the problem with the sound is that it is pretty much perfect on some systems. But on other systems it sounds like nails being pulled across a black bord, even though I have never had the pleasure of enjoying this myself.

• I've programmed my speakers to sound like nails on a blackboard. That's all they spit out. Sounds great. Way better then any of that 'audio' you people are raving on about.

Add Comment