User Avatar Image

50% off Syberia, Syberia 2, Still Life, other Anuman Games at GOG

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 467 users

GOG's catalog of Anuman Games titles is 50% off this weekend on GOG. This includes adventure games like Syberia, Syberia 2, and Still Life for $5 each.

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Only problem there is deciding which one sucks the least. :D

• But, are the Syberias any good? And not good in that 'well it is an adventure game, therefore it's worth your time and money' way

Of all the types of bad games you can play, nothing is worse than playing a bad adventure game

• I own the first Syberia.. I wanted to like it REALLY bad... but it was SOOOOO boring..
    That was when it first came out... they tricked me into buying it because there just was NOT any adventure games released here in the states around that time.

• @JedExodus said: But, are the Syberias any good? And not good in that 'well it is an adventure game, therefore it's worth your time and money' way

Of all the types of bad games you can play, nothing is worse than playing a bad adventure game

I honestly don't know. I haven't played them. I was just considering picking them up because I haven't played an adventure game that doesn't star cartoon characters in far too long.

• Syberia is my favorite adventure game of the past decade. It's insanely slow, but the build-up leads to a number of memorable fantastic payoffs, and the locales you visit are lush, mysterious, memorable, and gorgeous. Everything about the game is wonderful for me. I can't recommend it enough. It's also on Steam right now for those who prefer that.

• @Secret Fawful said: Syberia is my favorite adventure game of the past decade. It's insanely slow, but the build-up leads to a number of memorable fantastic payoffs, and the locales you visit are lush, mysterious, memorable, and gorgeous. Everything about the game is wonderful for me. I can't recommend it enough.

Crap, now I really want to play this game, but have almost no free time at the moment. Damn you and your appealing, salesman-like descriptions of stuff, Fawful!

It's also on Steam right now for those who prefer that.

Yes, for those who like to pay an extra $3 for DRM.

• When I read the title of this thread I was really excited because I thought it was fifty percent off of Siberia the country (because I can't spell, apparently).

• I've played Syberia. I really wouldn't recommend it. Like Fawful said, it's slow paced, but I found the awkward dialogue, bizarre plot and stupid cliffhanger (it's basically one game split into two to guarantee sales) left me cold. Did not like.

• Ok. We'll agree to disagree on this one. I really didn't enjoy it, but you did, so I'll say no more.

If anyone's curious, there's a Let's Play of Syberia here. It gives you an idea of what Fawful likes and I don't.

Add Comment