User Avatar Image

back to the future the ride

posted by floridaboy on - last edited - Viewed by 572 users

Do you think they will ever bring back the back to the future the ride to universal studios orlando,fl ever again because i never got to ride on it i hope they do bring it back someday. i like the back to the future movie trilogy it's cool.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Highly doubtful.

I've heard people here and there complain about the ride on the forums.

• As much as I loved the ride, I doubt it will come back. There were complaints about the ride; some of which mentioned how it was dated (the 2015 time period) and the lines were slow. Unless something spectacular happens to change Universal's mind, I think we'll have to deal with the meet and greet Doc at the parks and the Universal Studios Japan ride.

• A better question is how much longer will it last in Japan; it still goes to 2015 which will be silly when that year comes.

They never brought a game back, doubt they ever will.

• @floridaboy said: Do you think they will ever bring back the back to the future the ride to universal studios orlando,fl ever again

Probably not.

• At least, we now have it in the form of the movie - even though they did cut off the best part at the end: "Hurry up, and get out - before you see your other selves come." Probably not the exact quote, but it's something like that.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: A better question is how much longer will it last in Japan; it still goes to 2015 which will be silly when that year comes.

They never brought a game back, doubt they ever will.

Itll be susprising if the ride stays open in 2015 and beyond

I actually got in contact with the owners at Universal a few months back hoping that they still had some stuff from the ride but most of it was given away and the rest of the items were destroyed it sucks cause there is such value in the BTTF movies that people would want anything even stuff from the ride:(

• @floridaboy said: Do you think they will ever bring back the back to the future the ride to universal studios orlando,fl ever again because i never got to ride on it i hope they do bring it back someday. i like the back to the future movie trilogy it's cool.

No. All those rides were crappy, even if the video was good. Basically you get inside a machine that bucks around a little while it shows you a video. It didn't even work on me when I was a kid!

• @bttf4444 said: At least, we now have it in the form of the movie - even though they did cut off the best part at the end: "Hurry up, and get out - before you see your other selves come." Probably not the exact quote, but it's something like that.

There's all of little things you don't get in a video. Like seeing the Institute of Future Technology, with clips doc in various times on the monitors. And the props in the waiting room just before the ride.

I'm just glad I got to experience it plenty of times before it was gone.

• I've been on the BTTF ride at both Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Orlando.

The ride has been replaced by the Simpson's ride. I doubt it'll ever be changed back to BTTF. They'll probably have The Simpson's Ride for a long time before it is changed to anything else.

I guess the only way to try out the ride now is to go to Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future:_The_Ride

• As close as I'll ever get is the ride footage on my blu ray set and honestly the lobby stuff was better than the actual footage of the ride.

Add Comment