User Avatar Image

Help in finding the names of 2 adventure games!

posted by fluvly on - last edited - Viewed by 299 users

Hi! I am looking for 2 adventure games that I used to play when I was young (1991-1998) but I can't remember their names.

The first one was about an american guy, probably owner of a museum - someone steals something from the museum (I also remember a snake being involved) and he has to travel around the world. Only place I remember he went to is probably Nepal?

The second one is more of a fantasy one, the characters are human-like but with big noses and funky hair. The main character is a blonde guy with spiky hair who is in a strange city, and in some way he has to reach the top of the city and go in some protected area. It's kind of a comedy game, it's all a bit crazy (neon lights, posters of strange girls and stuff). It was probably about someone who took control of the city and made it bad or something...

If any of them ring a bell, please let me know! :)

Thanks!

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    @fluvly said:
    The first one was about an american guy, probably owner of a museum - someone steals something from the museum (I also remember a snake being involved) and he has to travel around the world. Only place I remember he went to is probably Nepal?

    That one sounds like The Riddle of Master Lu.

    @fluvly said:
    The second one is more of a fantasy one, the characters are human-like but with big noses and funky hair. The main character is a blonde guy with spiky hair who is in a strange city, and in some way he has to reach the top of the city and go in some protected area. It's kind of a comedy game, it's all a bit crazy (neon lights, posters of strange girls and stuff). It was probably about someone who took control of the city and made it bad or something...

    And that one might be The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble.

  • What about that one with that adventurer in the jungle trying to get to his lost girlfriend...

  • @DAISHI said: What about that one with that adventurer in the jungle trying to get to his lost girlfriend...

    Hugo III: Jungle of Doom?

  • @DAISHI said: What about that one with that adventurer in the jungle trying to get to his lost girlfriend...

    LOL clearly that is Adventure Island on the NES. :p

  • @Irishmile said: LOL clearly that is Adventure Island on the NES. :p

    Haha nope but the plots are barebone similar XD

    @Irishmile said: Hugo III: Jungle of Doom?

    THIS IS IT haha!!!

  • Riddle of Master Lu! My god that brings me back!
    I remember I played it as a kid and I also remember being quite stuck on some puzzles.

    Back in those days, game developers were capable of making great stories and difficult games at the same time!

  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    @ShaggE said: Hugo III: Jungle of Doom?

    Hugo! I'll always appreciate the Hugo games for teaching me words like "shimmy" and "bung". Also, how awesome is this intro where the creator puts exclamation marks after everything like an 8 year old might, and the bat looks like it's on a string, and Hugo just jigs about at the start until you hit a key. It is a thing of great beauty.

  • @DAISHI said:

    THIS IS IT haha!!!

    Glad I could help. :D

    @DAISHI said: Hugo! I'll always appreciate the Hugo games for teaching me words like "shimmy" and "bung". Also, how awesome is this intro where the creator puts exclamation marks after everything like an 8 year old might, and the bat looks like it's on a string, and Hugo just jigs about at the start until you hit a key. It is a thing of great beauty.

    I love the Hugo games (even Nitemare 3D, as odd as it was... the music was FANTASTIC).

    I got to talk to the developer, David Gray, once. He's a really nice guy. He also added me on Facebook for some reason, but he never uses it.

  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    @ShaggE said: I got to talk to the developer, David Gray, once. He's a really nice guy. He also added me on Facebook for some reason, but he never uses it.

    That is awesome. I'd love to meet him and thank him for how much enjoyment his games brought a nerdy little kid. Although I'd be quite disappointed if he just goes by "David Gray" these days. Given the number of times I've seen that intro, I will forever think of him as "David P. Gray!" and nothing less!

  • Shoot him an e-mail (I won't put it here, of course, but it's publicly available and easy to get), that's how I met him. He seemed quite pleased that people still fondly remember and play Hugo. :D

Add Comment