User Avatar Image

The Telltale Night Owls' Society

posted by Comrade Pants on - last edited - Viewed by 405 users

Alright, I have noticed that this place essential becomes deserted after 2200 (10PM) EST. This is, of course, perfectly understandable. After all, most of this forum's users hail from an area where that is night and most people tend to sleep at night.

My question, and the reason for this discussion is this: who among you is a night owl, and why?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Comrade Pants said: Alright, I have noticed that this place essential becomes deserted after 2200 (10PM) EST. This is, of course, perfectly understandable. After all, most of this forum's users hail from an area where that is night and most people tend to sleep at night.

My question, and the reason for this discussion is this: who among you is a night owl, and why?

I hardly ever sleep at night due to all the Red Bull and suger. XD

• I am. Best reason I can figure is because I'm a moron.

• See, I'm just a caffeine enthusiast. Coolsome? You're on the right track. Guru, far be it from me to call you a moron, but you were against reassigning "That" thread. (Don't dare correct me. I'm trying to hold you in high regard, Odo.) In my book, that makes you alright.

• personally, My mother is always on my back to get her things, help with the housework, work in the yard, etc. now don't get me wrong, I do pretty much everything she asks without (much) complaint, but I like to stay up late at night because I have time for myself, time to watch tv, time to persue my own interests, etc. xDD

• I'm usually in bed by 10.30ish, if not asleep then reading or playing DS. I used to stay up late often, I prefer that to being up early (not a morning person) but if I stay up late I don't get enough sleep and get too tired at work. But 10pm your time is about 1pm in the arvo for me, and I'll be working then. Seems fairly deserted then as well...

• I usually go to bed around midnight( 4pm PST), although sometimes i'm up till 1 AM.

• I'm regularly still up past midnight here (whatever time that is over there) and more often than not past 2/3am as well. Main reason being that I just go to bed when I'm tired, get up the next day (well, same day usually), wash, rinse & repeat. It helps that I don't have a job and therefore I have no set time I need to be up by generally. If I did I'd probably wouldn't stay up as late as I do.

• The time I go to bed is dictated by whatever time i'm starting work the next day. Don't start til 2pm today so I was up til half three last night sorting out bits and bobs and browinsg the net, other nights i'll be in bed by half eleven

• The truth is Im on here late because thats..when I have time to myself and the such.

• I'm usually in bed by between 12 and 2 o'clock, simply because I like the night time... and the internet is usually far too interesting for me to tear myself away from it any earlier than that. Sleep just doesn't compare to the web, most of the time.

Add Comment