User Avatar Image

Monkey Island - Rock Versions!

posted by Albo Abourt on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Hey, Telltale fellas!
I waited for a long time before open this thread. I hoped to have more material to present you, but there was work, university, so I hope this few videos could be enough.

I don't know if this is spam, I just want to share my project with you! Eventually, no problem! :)

I love Monkey Island's music themes. I love rock music too, and then I thought to realize the Rock Versions of Monkey Island themes!

Here is a presentation of my project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGNZhlv-0kw&feature=channel_video_title
And here, my favourite cover, the Main Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFEUYhoPtY&feature=relmfu

I have a respectable number of ready themes. Some of this there's already on Youtube. The other themes needs a mixing and filming.
Here's a list of ready themes and some in progress:

- Main Theme (Ready: uploaded)
- Woodtick - Wally's Theme (Ready: uploaded)
- Stan's Theme (Ready: uploaded)
- Lechuck's Theme (Ready: uploaded)
- EXTRA: Green T and the Sushi splatter: (Ready: uploaded)
- Scumm Bar (Ready: uploaded)
- Phatt Island Jail (Ready: uploaded)
- The Bone Dance (Ready backing Track: missing voices, mixing and films)
- Scabb Island's Crypt (There's only the drums track)
- Captain Dread's Theme (Ready: uploaded)
- Le Singe's theme (Missing Bass track and mixing)
- Barbery Coast (Ready: uploaded)
- Rapp Scallion theme (Ready backing Track: missing 2nd guitar)

So, I will update you on my progress.
Hope you have time to take a look at my work, and of course, I hope you like it! :)

Thank you !

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Awesome! The Main Theme rendition was fantastic! And I loved Stan's Theme too :D

You think you can do the Pirate God Theme? It's perfect for hard rock!

PS: Your presentation had me rolling on the floor of laughter!

• keep it up... and I will try to get out and get a girl... but I will need a written note from my wife to say its ok.

• WOW! Can I give you a big hug? :D

• Not spam at all, good job! Made me think if there were a Monkey Island / Full Throttle crossover (which I know would not make even the slightest bit of sense), this would be the perfect soundtrack music for it!

• if it was a Monkey Island / Full Throttle / Day of the Tentacle crossover it would make sense ..

• Wow, you like Monkey Island and Dream Theater? You've got pretty awesome taste, my friend. (Strangely enough, there are actually some parts of Dream Theater's songs that remind me of the Monkey Island soundtrack.)

Great covers, by the way - very enjoyable.

• Thanks to all guys, you're very kind! Thank goodness is not spam!

You think you can do the Pirate God Theme? It's perfect for hard rock!

I often thought to make a Rise of Pirate God's theme, but then I thought to make a TOMI
    Overture Theme. There's the same theme, and i love that epicness. Oh, a question.. Are you checkthesouth? I love your piano arrangements (Especially Spinner Cay)

Wow, you like Monkey Island and Dream Theater? You've got pretty awesome taste, my friend. (Strangely enough, there are actually some parts of Dream Theater's songs that remind me of the Monkey Island soundtrack.)

Nice Try! :D You gone near! My favourite band is Transatlantic (with Neal Morse and the old Mike Portnoy) ,and they're my primary influence! Thank you, compare myself with a such good band like Dream Theater is a very high compliment! I'm blushing. :D

• Cool. This would sound really really awesome with real drums :)

• I often thought to make a Rise of Pirate God's theme, but then I thought to make a TOMI Overture Theme. There's the same theme, and i love that epicness.

Well, while the Pirate God is obviously based around LeChuck's Theme, it's a kind of different thing. It's more aggresive and more powerful, I think... It's the one that starts playing when LeChuck throws the Sponge to the Crossroads and "ARRRR!"'s to Elaine. It's got a very cool old-gothic/rock influence right there.

And there's also a dark minor variation of the Main Theme that plays when LeChuck transforms Elaine into his Demon Bride that's got a nice swing/rock vibe that it's actually quite cool. Too bad it's only a snippet.

Oh, a question.. Are you checkthesouth? I love your piano arrangements (Especially Spinner Cay)

While I don't like doing much publicity to myself, yes I am. And I'm glad you liked it! I have to do some more soon, if I can. Having a life is not easy. I miss the days when I didn't have one :p

Seriously though, keep 'em coming! I wanna hear more!

• @Trenchfoot said: Having a life is not easy. I miss the days when I didn't have one :p

I don't remember those days! Earliest memories that I can remember relate to action figures... and me making a "Mental-Movie" with them.
    Batman must've killed Mr.Freeze about 18 times before my Grandfather bought me The Joker!

Add Comment